TORONTO, Nov. 5, 2018 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission's (OSC) annual conference, OSC Dialogue takes place on Thursday, November 8, 2018, in Toronto. The registration desk will open at 7:45 a.m.
This year, OSC Dialogue will focus on how regulation is evolving amid changing investor expectations and rapidly shifting capital markets. Panellists will discuss global market developments and their impact in Canada, increasing complexities in enforcement, opportunities to reduce regulatory burden, and how C-suite leaders are preparing for what is ahead.
Media interested in attending OSC Dialogue 2018 are asked to register in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leslie Byberg, Executive Director and CAO, OSC
Vantage point: Long-term thinking in an age of disruption
- Maureen Jensen, Chair & CEO, OSC
- Paul Desmarais III, Senior Vice-President, Power Corporation and Power Financial
Home and abroad: Global market developments and their impact in Canada
- Jennifer Elliott, Deputy Division Chief of Financial Regulation and Supervision, International Monetary Fund
- Richard Nesbitt, CEO, Global Risk Institute in Financial Services
- Barbara G. Novick, Vice Chairman, BlackRock
- William R. White, Senior Fellow, C.D. Howe Institute, and former Chairman of the Economic and Development Review Committee, OECD
- Moderator: Paul Redman, Chief Economist and Head of Research, OSC
Shaping the modern regulatory approach
- Jay Clayton, Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, Chairman, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Maureen Jensen, Chair and CEO, OSC
- Moderator: Jacquie McNish, Senior Correspondent, The Wall Street Journal
- Tim Moseley, Vice-Chair, OSC
High stakes: Rising to the challenges in securities enforcement
- Robert Cohen, Chief, Cyber Unit, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Jeff Kehoe, Director, Enforcement, OSC
- Mark Steward, Director of Enforcement and Market Oversight, Financial Conduct Authority
- Gillian Tan, Executive Director, Enforcement Department, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Moderator: Catherine Murray, Anchor, BNN Bloomberg
Market evolution: An opportunity for leadership and ingenuity
- Jeffrey R. Carney, President and CEO, IGM Financial Inc.
- Bruce Flatt, CEO, Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- Katherine "KT" Rabin, CEO, Glass Lewis
- Sandra Stuart, President and CEO, HSBC Bank Canada
- Moderator: Huston Loke, Director, Corporate Finance, OSC
- Grant Vingoe, Vice-Chair, OSC
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca.
SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
For further information: For Media Inquiries: email@example.com; For Investor Inquiries: OSC Contact Centre, 416-593-8314, 1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)