TORONTO, Oct. 10, 2017 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission's (OSC) annual conference, OSC Dialogue takes place on Thursday, October 12, 2017 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. Registration will open at 7:30 a.m.
OSC Dialogue 2017 will feature opening remarks by the Honourable Charles Sousa, Minister of Finance, Ontario. The event will focus on the benefits and challenges of embracing change amid disruption in the financial services industry. Panels will discuss the impact of emerging technologies, data analytics in enforcement, long-term trends in corporate governance, and the evolving investor experience.
Media interested in attending OSC Dialogue 2017 are asked to register in advance by contacting [email protected].
- Grant Vingoe, Vice-Chair, OSC
- Hon. Charles Sousa, Minister of Finance, Ontario
Embracing Change – Tone at the Top
- Maureen Jensen, Chair & CEO, OSC
- Victor Dodig, President & CEO, CIBC
The Evolving Investor Experience
- Ryan Barrows, Head of Personal Investing, Europe, Vanguard Asset Management Ltd.
- Michael Katchen, CEO & Co-founder, Wealthsimple
- Sheila Murray, President & General Counsel, CI Financial
- Ermanno Pascutto, Chair, Canadian Foundation for Advancement of Investor Rights
- Kelly Peters, CEO & Co-founder, BEworks
- Moderator: John Mountain, Director, Investment Funds & Structured Products, OSC
Retooling Enforcement Strategies for Changing Times
- Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Matt Cardillo, Senior Director, Market Regulation Technology, FINRA
- Jeff Kehoe, Director, Enforcement, OSC
- Gillian Tan, Executive Director, Enforcement Department, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Moderator: Kent Thomson, Partner, Davies, Ward, Phillips & Vineberg
- AnneMarie Ryan, Commissioner, OSC
A Brave New World: How AI, Blockchain and Other Technologies will Alter Financial Services Forever
- Nikolas Badminton, Global Futurist
AI – A Game Changer for Financial Services?
- Janet Bannister, General Partner, Real Ventures
- Eli Fathi, CEO, MindBridge Analytics Inc.
- Erin Kelly, President & CEO, Advanced Symbolics Inc.
- Doug Steiner, CEO, Evree Corp.
- Jake Tyler, Co-founder & CEO, Finn.ai
- Moderator: Nikolas Badminton, Global Futurist
Governance for the Long Term
- Michelle Edkins, Managing Director & Global Head of Investment Stewardship, BlackRock
- Mark Machin, President & CEO, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Hon. Joe Oliver, P.C., Chair, Echelon Wealth Partners
- Barbara Zvan, Chief Risk & Strategy Officer, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Moderator: Huston Loke, Director, Corporate Finance, OSC
- Leslie Byberg, Executive Director & CAO, OSC
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca
SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
For further information: For Media Inquiries: [email protected]; For Investor Inquiries: OSC Contact Centre, 416-593-8314, 1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)