TORONTO, Oct. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - On Tuesday, October 30, 2012, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) will host OSC Dialogue 2012, featuring senior representatives from securities regulators and industry organizations, who will discuss the top issues affecting investors and market participants in today's complex and interconnected capital markets.
Distinguished speakers at OSC Dialogue include:
- Howard I. Wetston, Q.C., Chair and CEO, Ontario Securities Commission
- Gary Gensler, Chairman, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Attendees will also hear from leading industry practitioners and senior OSC staff in sessions on investor protection, systemic risk, market structure, capital formation, corporate governance and enforcement. Among others, specific topics of discussion include:
- Regulatory Priorities: Key international developments in capital markets and their implications for Canada, especially in the areas of systemic risk, enforcement, market structure and investor protection.
- Investor Issues: The role of disclosure and regulatory intervention in investor protection, with a focus on current investor initiatives relating to fiduciary duty, the client relationship model, mutual fund fees and dispute resolution.
- Market Structure Issues: Changing technology, marketplace models and infrastructure with a particular focus on electronic trading, the growth of dark pools and oversight of key market infrastructure, including clearing agencies.
- Proactive Enforcement: The OSC's enforcement priorities, including emerging markets investigations, illegal insider trading and bringing cases before the Ontario Court of Justice.
|When:||Tuesday, October 30, 2012|
|8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Opening remarks by Howard Wetston|
|Where:||Toronto Board of Trade|
|First Canadian Place|
|100 King Street West|
| Toronto, Ontario
For a complete conference agenda and more information, please visit the OSC website: http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/NewsEvents_osc-dialogue-2012_index.htm
SOURCE: Ontario Securities Commission
For further information:
Interested media are invited to register in advance. Please contact:
Media Relations Specialist
Follow us on Twitter: OSC_News