TORONTO, Sept. 12, 2018 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) announced the agenda and preliminary list of speakers for Dialogue 2018, the OSC's annual conference, which brings together market participants to discuss important issues and trends in the capital markets.
The theme for OSC Dialogue 2018 is 'Market Evolution, Regulatory Change'. As such, speakers will address how regulation is evolving amid uncertainty, changing investor expectations, and rapidly shifting capital markets. Panelists will discuss global market developments and their impact in Canada, increasing complexities in enforcement, and how C-suite leaders are preparing for what is ahead.
"Rapid innovation is creating new opportunities and unique challenges in capital markets world-wide. This year, OSC Dialogue will highlight how senior market leaders are adapting strategies to change with the times," said Maureen Jensen, Chair and CEO of the OSC.
- Jeffrey R. Carney, President & CEO, IGM Financial Inc.
- Jay Clayton, Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Robert Cohen, Chief, Cyber Unit, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Paul Desmarais III, Senior Vice-President, Power Corporation and Power Financial
- Jennifer Elliott, Deputy Division Chief of Financial Regulation and Supervision, International Monetary Fund
- Bruce Flatt, CEO, Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, Chairman, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Maureen Jensen, Chair & CEO, OSC
- Jeff Kehoe, Director, Enforcement, OSC
- Richard Nesbitt, CEO, Global Risk Institute in Financial Services
- Barbara Novick, Vice Chairman, BlackRock
- Mark Steward, Director of Enforcement and Market Oversight, Financial Conduct Authority
- Gillian Tan, Executive Director, Enforcement Department, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- William R. White, Senior Fellow, C.D. Howe Institute, and former Chairman of the Economic and Development Review Committee, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
OSC Dialogue 2018 takes place on Thursday, November 8, 2018 and registration is now open. The event is expected to reach capacity, and attendees are encouraged to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Media interested in attending should contact [email protected].
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca.
SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
For further information: For Media Inquiries: [email protected]; For Investor Inquiries: OSC Contact Centre, 416-593-8314, 1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)