TORONTO, Sept. 10 2015 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) today announced the final agenda and list of speakers for OSC Dialogue 2015. The annual event brings together hundreds of market participants, including prominent figures from the securities world, to discuss issues and trends facing the capital markets.
OSC Dialogue 2015 takes place on Thursday, October 8 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. To register, visit the OSC's website at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/NewsEvents_osc-dialogue-2015_index.htm.
Any media interested in attending OSC Dialogue should contact email@example.com to register.
For further updates on the event, follow #OSCDialogue on Twitter.
The agenda is as follows:
Howard Wetston, OSC
Panel 1 – Market Conduct
Moderator: Mary Condon, OSC
- Greg Medcraft, Australia Securities and Investments Commission
- Howard Wetston, OSC
- Martin Wheatley, Financial Conduct Authority
- Mary Jo White, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Panel 2 – Financial Stability and Market Reform
Moderator: Grant Vingoe, OSC
- Kevin Fine, OSC
- Ryozo Himino, Financial Services Agency
- Steven Maijoor, European Securities and Markets Authority
- Timothy Massad, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Panel 3 – Market Liquidity
Moderator: Huston Loke, OSC
- John Hollyer, Vanguard
- Monica Kowal, OSC
- Barbara Novick, BlackRock
- David Wright, International Organization of Securities Commissions
- Mark Zelmer, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Panel 4 – Perspectives On Investing in Canada and Abroad
Moderator: Maureen Jensen, OSC
- Bruce Flatt, Brookfield
- David McKay, RBC
- Mark Wiseman, CPP Investment Board
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca
SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
For further information: For Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org; For Investor Inquiries: OSC Contact Centre, 416-593-8314, 1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)