Advances management of business-critical IT workload -- on-premises and in the cloud
PARIS and BOSTON, Oct. 7, 2013 /CNW/ - ORSYP, a leading provider of IT Operations Management solutions, today announced the availability of the latest version of its workload automation solution. With Dollar Universe 6.1, ORSYP delivers significant new functionality that provides enterprises with the agility they need to manage hybrid workloads that span on-premises and cloud computing platforms.
Organizations rely on workload automation to drive many of the IT processes that underpin their business operations. With increasing alignment of business and IT comes the need for greater empowerment of end-users with tools that help them in their work. Dollar Universe 6.1 increases staff productivity with usability enhancements -- enabling self-service and simplified management and monitoring. Other major improvements featured in this latest version include:
- Faster Turnaround Times – Reduce launch times for jobs by up to 60%, and accelerate the distribution and dispatching of IT workload based on real-time performance and availability metrics.
- Extended Cloud Connectivity – The new Dollar Universe Manager for Web Services advances integration of business application workload with cloud and on-premises services and applications.
- Unlimited Scalability – Enhancements to Dollar Universe's unique distributed architecture to better optimize use of on-premises, virtualized and cloud resources to meet surge capacity demands. Core Dollar Universe processes are streamlined by 45%.
- Increased Database Coverage –Scheduling of SQL Server database jobs is integrated with managing and monitoring of other IT workload.
- Simplified Configuration – Centralized deployment of configuration, patch, updates and other administrative tasks saves time and avoids mistakes.
- Enhanced Security – Highly granular user roles and rights, supported by complete LDAP/AD, ensure appropriate security levels are enforced when granting self-service access to internal clients and external partners.
Existing Dollar Universe users can take advantage of a fully automated upgrade from v5.x to v6.1.
For companies using legacy job scheduling tools, ORSYP's UConverter migration tool equips them to rapidly convert to v6.1. Out-of-the-box templates map and import job definitions from all leading third party job schedulers into Dollar Universe objects.
"ORSYP's peer-to-peer architecture does not depend on master servers to reliably execute workloads. Each individual processing node owns a full copy of the scheduling database and is therefore able to complete its assigned workloads independently. ORSYP must be credited for keeping its peer-to-peer software sufficiently lightweight to ensure the performance of the corporate server and network infrastructure. Central servers are only required for configuring general system parameters and for reporting. Especially in today's cloud age, ORSYP's resilient infrastructure is a significant advantage, as network connectivity and performance is often the weakest link, specifically in hybrid cloud environments," said Torsten Volk1, Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates.
"As our customers assess how they can benefit from Big Data, Cloud and other advances, they realize that they could be introducing extra layers of complexity, into an environment which is already challenging to manage," said Jean-Michel Breul, Chief Delivery Officer at ORSYP. "With Dollar Universe v6.1, ORSYP dramatically reduces IT operations' efforts to integrate and automate more application workloads, wherever they come from. Our UniViewer interface radically simplifies visualizing workload states and business impacts, with easy access views that IT and business users can share."
ORSYP is the IT operations specialist for automating and optimizing the performance of your business systems. Its transformational software is designed for the most demanding IT environments, wins back time every day, and is supported by deep expertise that is trusted by 1500 customers around the world. With ORSYP's efficiency gains, IT executives deliver a multiplier effect on their IT operations. ORSYP is headquartered in Paris, Boston and Hong Kong.
1 "EMA Radar™ for Workload Automation" - Torsten Volk, EMA 2012
For further information: