Company invites individual and institutional investors to log-on to VirtualInvestorConferences.com to view presentations
NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2014 /CNW/ -- Organovo Holdings, Inc.. (NYSE MKT: ONVO; "Organovo"), the San Diego-based regenerative medicine company focused on using its breakthrough NovoGen 3D human tissue printing technology to create tissue on demand for medical research and therapeutic applications, today announced that two presentations from CEO, Keith Murphy, are now available for on-demand viewing at VirtualInvestorConferences.com. Attendees can view a general overview of Organovo Holdings, Inc. as well as an update on the company recorded during the December 4 event.
The update on the company focused on and current information regarding Organovo and its business.
LINK to the company update presentation: http://virtualinvestorconferences.com > red "watch company presentations now" button.
For investors not yet familiar with the company and desire background, including an understanding of the 3D bioprinting used by Organovo to create functional living human tissues, investors can watch an informational background presentation on the Company's website.
LINK to the informational background presentation with slides and video: http://www.organovo.com/investors/investor-overview.
Organovo Holdings, Inc.'s presentations will be available 24/7 for 90 days. Investors and advisors may download shareholder materials from the "virtual trade booth" for the next three weeks.
Recent Company Highlights Include:
- Commercially released the exVive3DTM Human Liver Tissue for preclinical drug discovery testing
- The exVive3DTM Human Liver Tissue was recognized as a Top 10 Innovation of 2014 by The Scientist Magazine
- Organovo was named 2015 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum for the ability to harness creativity to design and create transformative solutions
- Key opinion leader reported Organovo's 3D Human Liver Tissue was able to establish the toxicity of toxic drug known to induce liver injury in humans that did not show toxicity in animal and other pre-clinical testing, an achievement historically unmet by animal models or other liver cell model systems
- Initiated contracting for toxicity testing using its 3D Human Liver Tissue, for selected clients, in advance of its scheduled commercial release
- Entered into additional agreements to utilize 3D bio-printed tissue in drug discovery settings
- Reported that its 3D bio-printed tissues enabled researchers to make compartment-specific assessments (i.e., epithelium, stroma, vasculature) of drug response — something that is not currently possible outside of in vivo models to date
- Announced an agreement with the University of Queensland directed toward development of source cell lines for 3D kidney tissue bioprinting activities
- Appointed Gregory T. Lucier, former Chairman and CEO of Life Technologies, as a corporate advisor
About Organovo Holdings, Inc.
Organovo (NYSE MKT: ONVO) designs and creates functional, three-dimensional human tissues for medical research and therapeutic applications. The Company is collaborating with pharmaceutical and academic partners to develop human biological disease models in three dimensions. These 3D human tissues have the potential to accelerate the drug discovery process, enabling treatments to be developed faster and at lower cost. In addition to numerous scientific publications, their technology has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, The Economist, and numerous others. Organovo is changing the shape of medical research and practice. Learn more at www.organovo.com.
Sign up for email updates and connect with us on Twitter (@Organovo).
Since 2010, VirtualInvestorConferences.com, created by BetterInvesting (NAIC) and PRNewswire, has been the only monthly virtual investor conference series that provides an interactive forum for presenting companies to meet directly with investors using a graphically-enhanced online platform.
Designed to replicate the look and feel of location-based investor conferences, VirtualInvestorConferences.com unites PR Newswire's leading-edge online conferencing and investor communications capabilities with BetterInvesting's extensive retail investor audience network.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/organovo-holdings-incs-presentations-now-available-for-on-demand-viewing-at-virtualinvestorconferencescom-300005969.html
SOURCE Organovo Holdings, Inc.
For further information: Organovo Holdings, Inc., Barry Michaels, Chief Financial Officer, 1-858-224-1003, IR@organovo.com; Gerry Amato, Booke & Company Investor Relations, email@example.com; VirtualInvestorConferences.com, Bradley H. Smith, Director of Marketing, IR and Compliance Services, PR Newswire,+1.201.947.7157, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.organovo.com