Single Solution for Managing Structured and Unstructured Data Helps Businesses Increase Efficiency and Support Compliance with Oracle E-Business Suite
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 21, 2013 /CNW/ - At the 2013 Enterprise World conference in Orlando, Florida, OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), today unveiled OpenText™ Extended ECM for Oracle® E-Business Suite. This unique application combines the power of the new OpenText Content Suite with Oracle E-Business Suite. It enables businesses to bring Oracle ERP content and processes together with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to help improve business functions with strong information management, governance, and discovery. This new application forms a foundation for interoperability between Oracle E-Business Suite processes and other OpenText EIM offerings aimed at enhancing productivity and process velocity across the enterprise.
"Today's CIO understands the importance of leveraging enterprise information throughout all platforms and systems to drive their agenda of innovation and growth," said Lynn Elwood, vice president, ECM product marketing, OpenText. "With OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite, customers can unite the worlds of ERP and ECM into a single solution, helping to reduce the risks and costs associated with records mismanagement, and increasing information worker productivity."
While many businesses have the technology and processes in place to leverage structured data, capitalizing on unstructured data – that frequently lives in disparate locations – can be an expensive, slow and error-riddled task. This new offering combines Oracle E-Business Suite, which manages structured data, with the OpenText Content Suite, which helps manage unstructured data, so that relevant information – regardless of type or source - is together in context and properly governed throughout the process. Built upon the proven OpenText Content Suite, OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite can boost productivity, while helping to reduce information governance risks.
"OpenText and Oracle are continuously innovating to provide our joint customers with a better and more secure way to conduct business," said David Hicks, Vice President, Worldwide ISV,OEM, and Java Business Development, Oracle. "OpenText, a Platinum level member of OPN, offers extensive experience on the use of key Oracle technologies and platforms to support their product development."
OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite manages virtually all forms of content throughout its lifecycle combining secure, automated capture, storage, and organization of documents with archiving and records management functionality.
The OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite offers the following features:
- Comprehensive ECM: OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite is a complete application that gives users the power to manage content associated with business objects, while complementing the existing Oracle E-Business Suite applications to manage their transaction-centric processes and content.
- Business Workspaces: Connects transactional data to users and content inside and outside of Oracle regardless of where or how the user is working (i.e., email, browser, etc.). Structured collaboration, fast navigation and information search also make managing the lifecycle of contextual information easier, as users can work together in their preferred environment.
- Universal Access: Helps users to retrieve business-related documents from virtually any location with their preferred user interface, whether it's Oracle E-Business Suite, an Oracle Application Development Framework based application or an Oracle Forms based user interface.
- Information Governance: OpenText ECM and Records Management help businesses to manage the lifecycle of electronic and physical documents and records in accordance with internal policies and regulation requirements.
- Archive: OpenText Archive helps ensure that information is stored with optimal speed, cost effectiveness, is highly secured and is retained on appropriate media for short, medium or long term archival.
OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite will be available from OpenText worldwide in English beginning in March 2014. Other languages will be offered shortly afterwards.
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Get breaking news on OpenText Enterprise World 2013 and engage with attendees and OpenText experts on Twitter by following #OTEW2013
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Connect with OpenText:
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that helps companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2013 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Analysis, opinions and representations expressed in the paper are solely those of the authors and have not been approved or endorsed by Oracle.
SOURCE: Open Text Corporation
For further information: