Recent Acquisitions Extend OpenText Release 16 Capabilities for the Internet of Things and Information Security
WATERLOO, Ontario, Nov. 7, 2017 /CNW/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced the availability of OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 3 (EP3). This release delivers improved analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities via OpenText Magellan, offers enhanced user experiences and third-party integrations, and adds advanced capabilities for the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and information security across OpenText's EIM platform.
Recently acquired technology from Covisint and Guidance Software extends the OpenText EIM platform, empowering enterprises with new ways of collecting, managing, and securing critical information assets. With the ability to deepen AI adoption through support for IoT, EP3 increases the capability of OpenText customers to embrace digital transformation.
"More and more enterprise information is being created by machines, rather than humans. At OpenText we are prepared for a future where enterprises need to automate, collect, manage, and derive insight from these new sources of data and information," said Mark J. Barrenechea, vice chairman, CEO and CTO, OpenText. "The deep integration of the Covisint and Guidance Software teams into OpenText ensures that our customers have the technology they need to manage increasingly information-intensive businesses and maximise the value of all available data, no matter where it is created."
Drawing on technology from the acquisition of Covisint, OpenText Business Network is now equipped with an IoT platform that offers a complete set of capabilities to create and manage trusted information sharing and interactions across complex ecosystems of people, systems, and devices. EP3 also leverages Covisint's leading identity and access management platform to manage and secure user-based access to trading partners information and back-end systems - enabling collaboration across the supply chain that extends beyond transactions alone.
"OpenText is number one in enterprise content services, we have the world's largest business network, and we're defining enterprise AI applications and services," continued Barrenechea.
"We are using OpenText's solutions to support our work in digitizing and improving our work processes. We are thrilled to see the enhanced AI, automation and analytics capabilities in Release 16, and will explore with OpenText how they can further support our digital transformation," said Chua Soon Guan, chief executive at VITAL Shared Services, a Singapore Ministry of Finance department.
"OpenText is creating more connections with industry-leading services, driving deeper integration across the OpenText EIM platform and ecosystem, and fully leveraging the power of IoT and information security," said Muhi Majzoub, executive vice president of engineering at OpenText. "With this release we are further empowering OpenText customers to do more with their enterprise information, turning data into insight and a key competitive advantage."
EP3 brings significant enhancements across Release 16:
- Experience: EP3 helps business users rapidly deploy microsites, modify and publish personalized content, and with the new Media Management Digital Hub, automate and collaborate on the syndication of media. This release also extends the reach of the Experience Suite into the Microsoft Azure cloud and contact center integrations to Amazon Connect.
- Business Network: In EP3, Business Network delivers more B2B self-service capabilities for improved user control and flexibility, with new features such as user-defined custom alerts for events or non-events, such as not receiving an expected order at a certain time of day—ensuring that customers catch issues before they impact business continuity. With enhanced integration with OpenText Process Suite, Business Network EP3 introduces auto-provisioning for trading partners that email invoices as PDF attachments.
- Process: EP3 delivers significant advancements in low-code development enabling richer and more complex applications to be built more rapidly. Advancements focused on increasing UI capabilities, driving intelligent process automation with business rules improvements, additional security options at multiple stages of development, and new APIs for expanded integration capabilities. Additionally, EP3 delivers compliance with key government accessibility regulations.
- Content: EP3 builds on OpenText ECM leadership, supporting the shift to content services and connecting content to the digital business. Main advances include: Enhanced GDPR readiness, deeper integrations with Office 365, simplified user experiences, expanded SAP Fiori support, easier archiving, mobile capture, and accelerated app development.
- Discovery: EP3 adds EnCase—the industry gold standard for forensically sound collections and preservation—to the Discovery Suite, furthering the OpenText vision of seamless enterprise discovery for litigation, investigations, and compliance. EP3 also improves the usability and accessibility of search, review, and analysis in the Discovery Suite.
Availability: Release 16 EP3 is available now.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on-premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2017 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opentext-further-enables-enterprise-artificial-intelligence-with-release-16-enhancement-pack-3-300550499.html
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
For further information: Ryan Hill, OpenText, 416-524-6794, email@example.com, http://www.OpenText.com