OpenText Release 16 Combines End-to-End Information Management, Business Networks and Analytics to Enable the Digital World
WATERLOO, Ontario, April 12, 2016 /CNW/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced the availability of OpenText Release 16, the most comprehensive, integrated digital information platform. Introduced at OpenText Enterprise World 2015, OpenText Release 16, featuring Suite 16 and Cloud 16, is a single platform that manages and analyzes the entire flow of information, addressing key areas of the user experience, machine-to-machine integration, automation and other aspects of the digital first organization. OpenText Release 16 can be deployed on-premises, in the cloud or in hybrid cloud environments.
Innovations in technology have triggered a digital disruption that has changed the way organizations work, interact with customers, and approach business processes. Companies need to evolve, transform and fully embrace digital technologies to compete. OpenText Release 16 is a comprehensive digital platform that helps customers make a coordinated digital transformation through a single vendor. Delivering products and technologies that address the entire flow of information through an enterprise, OpenText Release 16 provides customers with an integrated and agile solution that can be deployed to digitize any business process, managing information through its entire lifecycle.
"Digital disruption is toppling market leaders and restructuring industries faster than ever before. In a digital world, the winners will be the ones who find new customers, discover new markets, and pursue new revenue streams using digital channels. These will be the digital leaders, and they will have the competitive advantage," said OpenText CEO and CTO Mark J. Barrenechea. "With OpenText Release 16, we offer the only integrated EIM platform essential to becoming an information company, and in the digital world we are all Information Companies."
"OpenText is at the center of how DDR collaborates as an organization, with OpenText Content Suite having been a key infrastructure application for more than 10 years," said Kim Scharf, Vice President of IT Enterprise Services, DDR Corp. "Over that time, OpenText solutions have enabled us to manage the growing volumes of content and drive innovation across our business. As we continue to compete in an increasingly digital world, we look forward to implementing the many new features of OpenText Release 16."
"New entrants in the marketplace are taking advantage of new platforms, tools, and integrations to displace many of the established market leaders," said Nick Patience, Research Vice President, Software, 451 Research."In a digital world, organizations must embrace digitization or face the risk of losing market share, or worse, becoming obsolete."
OpenText's digital platform addresses key business goals that drive digital transformation. With core elements spanning the entire EIM portfolio, OpenText Release 16 meets customer requirements to enhance their digital business processes. Key principals behind Release 16 include:
- On-Premises, Cloud & Hybrid Capabilities: OpenText solutions can be consumed on-premises, in the cloud, or in combination (hybrid) to meet customer requirements. In addition, all OpenText suites are available as Managed Services on-premises or in the cloud to best meet customers' business needs.
- Analytics and Reporting Integration: Combining Information Hub and Big Data Analytics, OpenText Release 16 offers an integrated solution for predictive and embedded analytics and reporting. Analytics will be integrated across OpenText EIM suites to bring greater business insights and actionable analysis throughout the information lifecycle.
- Information Flows: Delivering products and technologies capable of addressing entire information flows, OpenText Release 16 ensures customers of the efficient governance, security and availability of the information that powers their organizations. Example information flows include: Capture-to-Disposal; Create-to-Consume; Procure-to-Pay; and Event-to-Outcome.
- OpenText Business Network: OpenText Information Exchange has evolved into the OpenText Business Network. Powering digital business with deeper business process support and rich analytics, OpenText Release 16 enables customers to work across their extended trading ecosystem. OpenText Business Network offers Active Applications, including Logistics Track & Trace and Active Orders Analytics. Operational and supply chain analytics dashboards will be available with the flexibility for customers to blend and visualize data specific to their Business Network transactions.
- Mobility: Mobile technologies are at the center of the information management strategy. OpenText Release 16 features a new version of AppWorks, a common application gateway for OpenText Suite 16 and OpenText Cloud 16 products based on the responsive HTML5 technology and REST API as well as Improved Mobile Support for Content Suite and Active Documents. In addition, functional improvements to mobility have been implemented across all EIM suites.
In addition, OpenText Release 16 includes many new functional capabilities across Suite 16 and Cloud 16. Among the highlights are:
- Integration with PostgresSQL: OpenText Release 16 provides integration with the PostgresSQL open-source database, which can significantly lower the cost of the underlying software infrastructure for customers.
- Connected Workspaces: Aligning ECM to business processes changes the way content and information is managed and deployed. Connected Workspaces provide collaboration templates that ensure folders, metadata, records management, and permissions are created and applied seamlessly.
- OpenText Core: Integration with Content Server allows customers to import files from Content Server to OpenText Core for collaboration in the cloud with internal and external stakeholders, while maintaining enterprise security and information governance compliance. In addition, OpenText customers renewing maintenance and support (on-premises or in the cloud) are entitled to register for OpenText Core at no additional cost, to enable content integration and collaboration between OpenText Suite 16 and OpenText Core.
- Simplified Application Development: Entity Modeling enables the development of next generation business process applications via a new, low-code development approach. An alternative to process-centric design, entity modeling allows the citizen developer to build an application by focusing on an information-driven work-flow.
- Social Capabilities and Integrations: New ECM capabilities put social interaction directly in-line with content to improve collaboration and enrich search with activity feeds, in-line commenting, and user profile management.
- Enhanced Compliance and Security: Records Management can now help enforce mandatory security clearance and supplemental markings for object types for enhanced compliance and security capabilities.
- Adaptive Media Delivery: Simultaneously deliver right-sized media assets - images or graphics –to multiple channels, eliminating manual resizing, reformatting and one-off publishing of digital media while tracking usage and reach.
OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) strategy enables organizations to discover and manage information to spur growth and innovation and decrease time to competitive advantage. Click for more details on new features and capabitlities in OpenText Release 16.
OpenText Suite 16
OpenText Suite 16 is a set of four on-premises suites that depict the latest innovations in Content Suite, Process Suite, Experience Suite, and Analytics Suite. Each suite represents a set of integrated products that can run either on-premises, as a subscription in the OpenText Cloud, or as a managed service.
OpenText Cloud 16
OpenText Cloud 16 is a set of five cloud-based offerings that represent the next generation of innovation in Content Cloud, Process Cloud, Experience Cloud, Analytics Cloud, and the Business Network. The OpenText Cloud 16 offerings span solutions from native SaaS to suites delivered as Managed Services.
OpenText enables the digital world, creating a better way for organizations to work with information, on premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) visit opentext.com.
Connect with us:
OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea's blog
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2016 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/copyright-information.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130730/CL55531LOGO
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
For further information: Julie Millard, OpenText, 519-888-7111 x3454, email@example.com; Sonya Mehan, Investor Relations, OpenText, 519-888-7111 x2446, firstname.lastname@example.org; Katie Carbone, Weber Shandwick, 1 617-520-7135, email@example.com, http://www.OpenText.com