Service Pack 1 Has Improved User Experience, Lowered Cost of Ownership, and Provided Greater Integration Across OpenText EIM Suites
WATERLOO, Ontario, April 1, 2015 /CNW/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX) (TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced that it has completed delivery of Service Pack 1 for its EIM Suites. Announced at the company's 2014 Enterprise World event, the comprehensive upgrade is designed to reduce the total cost of ownership for customers, simplify installation, upgrade and deployment processes and provide new functionality across each of OpenText's suites. Additionally, users get an improved, responsive mobile experience and developers benefit from RESTful API's via the AppWorks developer platform.
"Having delivered these enhancements, we have enabled our customers with even more powerful solutions for their continued success," said Adam Howatson, chief marketing officer at OpenText. "OpenText EIM suites allow organizations to harness the power of the information that flows throughout the company to drive growth and innovation. We will continue to enhance and grow our solutions to enable our customers to compete and succeed in the ever changing Digital-First World."
OpenText's enhanced EIM suites provide a more compelling user-experience. With a clean and simple interface, customers can deploy solutions that meet growing industry and enterprise needs. Highlights from the SP1 product enhancements include:
- OpenText Application Governance and Archiving 10.7 for Microsoft SharePoint—Support for Office 365 as well as on-premises and hybrid SharePoint environments
- Content Intelligence—New solution that enables building of custom applications, views, dashboards, and reports for Content Suite
- Email Management—Interactive email classification as well as support for Office 365
- OpenText Business Center for SAP—New solution that extracts data from incoming documents and matches them with objects and business processes in SAP
- OpenText Media Management 10.5—New, compelling HTML5-based user experience
- OpenText Trading Grid Analytics—Delivers more value from customer's data using a new service for Trading Grid customers in the OpenText Cloud
- Secure MFT –Enhancement enables secure transfer of large files with new compliance, performance and productivity enhancements
- Process Suite 10.7—Introduced entity modeling to model organizations and its physical and logical business assets
- Contract Center—Application for the new Process Suite 10.7, Contract Center provides visibility and milestone tracking for all types of contracts in the enterprise
OpenText's EIM platform enables organizations to discover and manage information to spur growth and innovation across their organization, increasing time to competitive advantage. Available on-premises and in the cloud, customers now have the flexibility of deploying the Service Pack 1 products in a way that allows them to take advantage of cloud benefits including lower cost of ownership, faster deployment times and subscription pricing. Consisting of five comprehensive and integrated product suites, OpenText EIM provides the foundation for a cohesive information management strategy that leverages existing assets, meets urgent needs and establishes a fast path to the future.
Please click here for more detailed information on each of the suites' new enhancements. For additional information, contact us within North America at 1-800-540-7292 or at 1-519-888-9933 from outside of North America.
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Read OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea's blog
- Connect with OpenText:
- Twitter: @opentext
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/opentext
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/opentext
OpenText is the leader in Enterprise Information Management, helping customers to create a Digital-First World by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating their information needs. Over 100,000 customers already use OpenText solutions, either on premises or in our cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX;TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2015 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/copyright-information.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
For further information: Robin Lane, OpenText, 1 301-340-4277, [email protected], or Sonya Mehan, Investor Relations, OpenText, 519-888-7111 x2446, [email protected], or Katie Carbone, Weber Shandwick, 1 617-520-7135, [email protected], http://www.opentext.com