Europe's Largest Information Management Conference Highlights Key Innovations in AI, Cloud, Security and Privacy
WATERLOO, Ontario, Feb. 28, 2019 /CNW/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX,TSX: OTEX), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced this year's inaugural Enterprise World Europe will bring together business leaders from across Europe to discuss pressing issues for intelligent and connected enterprises. Hosted in the center of Vienna, Austria, Enterprise World Europe will deliver inspirational keynotes, industry-relevant breakout sessions and vibrant opportunities for networking.
Enterprise World Europe will take place March 12-14, 2019 at the Austria Center in Vienna.
"All industries are transforming through digital, AI and extreme connectivity," said Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText CEO and CTO. "OpenText Enterprise World Europe will bring together top companies and experts in Enterprise Information Management discussing how to leverage technology and disruptive techniques to compete and win in the Fourth Industrial Revolution."
Barrenechea continued, "Enterprises are facing intense market forces which are changing the way they work, deploy technology and conduct business. Workforces are becoming more flexible and nomadic, with employees requiring new agile experiences from business environments. At the same time IT infrastructures are shifting to the cloud, with corporate technology moving to flexible and outsourced deployment models. These trends are taking place on the back drop of information privacy, security and regulatory changes."
The Enterprise World Europe program features insightful commentary and inspirational keynote speakers. A new leaders' event provides programming specifically for executives looking to transform their business with EIM,
- Insight from OpenText leaders: Mark J. Barrenechea OpenText CEO and CTO will help the Enterprise World audience navigate the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and Muhi Majzoub OpenText EVP of Engineering will share product insights including how OpenText products are helping to solve today's business challenges.
- Inspirational guests: Attendees will be treated to a keynote from Dr. Michio Kaku, physicist, noted futurist, and author of four New York Times bestselling books; as well as a luncheon discussion on corporate sustainability and technology featuring Ole Lund Hansen, Chief Global Operations and Executive Management team with the UN Global Compact.
- Leaders' Event: A new program will provide C-suite leaders with a uniquely constructed talk track that includes industry thought leaders, networking and access to OpenText Executive leaders to help equip them as they lead their organizations through complex digital and industry transformation.
- Security insight and intelligence: A specific security track recognizes the unique and pressing challenges facing organizations looking to reinforce their information security. As stewards of customer, citizen and stakeholder data, organizations need to continually update their approaches to cybersecurity.
- Applied training and learning: Attendees can sharpen their skills in EIM while making the most of their investments in OpenText solutions with applied learning opportunities that are designed to improve productivity and operational excellence.
- Customer and partner insights: OpenText customers and partners will share their views on technology trends and how the industry is evolving. A panel will discuss the importance of corporate social responsibility for all organizations.
- Engage with OpenText Innovation: Participants will be able to see first-hand emerging applications, useful micro-services and fresh business-line innovations from OpenText and its partners.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX,TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2019 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
For further information: Further information: Ryan Hill, OpenText, 416-524-6794, [email protected], http://www.OpenText.com