OpenText Expands EIM Platform Further Enabling Secure and Agile Access to Business-Critical Information
WATERLOO, Ontario, Nov. 7, 2018 /CNW/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX,TSX: OTEX), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced the launch of OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 5 (EP5), OpenText Business Network Cloud 16.10, and a series of new SaaS-based applications for the legal, life sciences and HR markets on its next-generation cloud platform, OT2.
These portfolio-wide enhancements simplify the path to modern and secure EIM deployments, with secure and flexible options for AI, automation, IoT and content services for on-premises, across public, private, and hybrid cloud deployments.
"OpenText continues to lead the market in Enterprise Information Management, helping customers to create, access and exchange business-critical information in the most secure and agile ways possible," said Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText Vice Chair, CEO and CTO. "The world's largest companies and biggest brands rely on OpenText to gain new insight from their data, to securely manage their critical content assets, and to build sustainable information-intensive businesses. OpenText is defining the future of work with flexible EIM solutions that can deliver content-rich application experiences across any cloud infrastructure."
OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 5 (EP5)
OpenText Release 16 EP5 extends this market leading EIM platform to increase user satisfaction and adoption, enable deeper insights and connect information, people and processes in a secure and flexible deployment environment. Specific enhancements include:
- Artificial intelligence – EP5 adds increased AI and automation capabilities across the EIM portfolio with OpenText Magellan. This includes predictive research for Discovery, AI-powered rich media analytics for Customer Experience Management, sentiment analysis for Workforce Engagement Management through Magellan Text Mining, and machine learning for capture and information extraction for SAP solutions.
- Deeper integration – Seamless integration brings advanced AI, enhanced security and deeper information workflows to the Intelligent and Connected Enterprise. EP5 delivers OpenText Information Hub (iHub) integration with OpenText EnCase Endpoint Security to build threat-hunting dashboards. Closer integration between OpenText AppWorks and OpenText content services solutions (OpenText Documentum, OpenText Content Suite and OpenText Extended ECM) enables rapid deployment of OT2 applications including People Center and Contract Center.
- Rich user experiences – EP5 enables a richer experience with enhanced developer controls, improved mobile experiences, and new employee self-service experiences. A highlight of EP5 is addition of the Smart UI for Documentum D2, further building towards a common, flexible, responsive UI across OpenText content service.
This release builds on a string of recent analyst commentary, including:
- OpenText's position as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms1 and Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management2.
- Recent rankings as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Digital Asset Management For Customer Experience3 and as a Strong Performer in both The Forrester Wave™: Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions4 and The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms5.
New applications for OpenText OT2
First announced at OpenText Enterprise World 2018, OpenText OT2 delivers compelling applications for business users, a modern developer platform, and hybrid EIM services on a single Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform. New OpenText applications built on OT2 include:
- OpenText Legal Center - a cloud-based, process-centric approach to addressing specialized legal use cases like client onboarding, external sharing & collaboration, and document management.
- OpenText Quality Center - building on OpenText Documentum for Life Science and Opentext Life Science Express to deliver secure collaboration solutions for the highly-regulated life sciences sector.
- Extended ECM for SuccessFactors Public Cloud Edition - the latest collaboration between SAP and OpenText, delivering secure content management solutions for SAP's popular talent management platform.
Barrenechea commented, "Enterprise adoption of the cloud continues to grow, and OpenText's cloud strategy – including OT2 – makes it possible for customers to securely access their content-rich business applications with hybrid, on-premises, or public cloud deployments. By enabling customers to access information and data through cloud-based applications, we are increasing the value and reach of business-critical information for our customers."
Commenting on OpenText OT2, Holly Muscolino, Research Vice President, Content Technologies and Document Workflow at IDC states, "OT2 will begin to bring SaaS into the product mix for the large customer base running OpenText's on-premise/managed hosted solutions, and it will extend the value of customers' investments in significant ways. It will also serve as the foundation for newborn SaaS applications that OpenText develops in the future. Its evolutionary approach should give its customers a graceful path to the cloud, enabling them to derive new value from their existing investments without disruption."
OpenText Business Network 16.10 expands and enhances the OpenText cloud network, facilitating efficient, secure and compliant collaboration across people, systems and things. This release includes key enhancements for industrial IoT, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and security, supply chain and vendor management, fax and secure information exchange.
Today, OpenText also announced it has selected Google Cloud as its first partner to support OpenText Anywhere, making OpenText solutions and managed services available in the Google Cloud.
As part of this collaboration, Google Cloud and OpenText will work together to deploy OpenText's enterprise information management solution suite on Google Cloud Platform. This work will include a containerized application architecture for flexible cloud or hybrid deployment models. Deploying OpenText solutions on Google Cloud Platform will help customers to autoscale their deployments as their businesses demand.
Release 16 EP5 and OpenText OT2 is available now. OpenText Legal Center, Quality Center and Extended ECM for SuccessFactors are currently available for qualified customers.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX,TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.
1 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, October 2018
2 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management, July 2018
3 The Forrester Wave™: Digital Asset Management (DAM) for Customer Experience, Q2 2018
4 The Forrester Wave™: Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics And Machine Learning Solutions, Q3 2018
5 The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms, Q2 2018
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
For further information: Ryan Hill, OpenText, 416-524-6794, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.OpenText.com