Gender Wage Gap Grant Program Is Now Open For Proposals
TORONTO, April 11, 2017 /CNW/ - The Pay Equity Commission has launched its 2017-18 Gender Wage Gap Grant Program.
The Gender Wage Gap Grant Program is intended to advance the promotion of equality between women and men that support efforts to close Ontario's gender wage gap. This year's areas of research focus are:
- Actions or Research exploring gender wage gap and pay equity issues for members of racial and ethnic minorities, immigrants and youth.
- Actions or Research exploring compensation issues and gender inequality in Ontario's emerging workplace conditions.
Eligibility is open on a competitive basis to individuals or teams that are part of Ontario's publicly-funded universities, and Ontario's colleges of applied arts and technology; incorporated Ontario not-for-profit research institutions (excluding those primarily funded by business or industry); incorporated non-governmental organizations and incorporated sector and professional organizations.
Applications for the Gender Wage Gap Grant Program close on May 26, 2017.
"This call for proposals supports the Government's priority of economic growth by adding to our understanding of the gender wage gap and how the earning potential of Ontario's working women can be maximized. This in turn benefits working families, the labour force in general and overall economic productivity."
- Emanuela Heyninck
Pay Equity Commissioner
- The Pay Equity Office's Gender Wage Gap Grant Program commenced in 2014.
- Since then, the grant program has funded eight projects.
- Research has focussed on the gender wage gap, as well as actions or research exploring compensation issues and gender inequality in Ontario's emerging workplace conditions.
- According to a 2017 Statistics Canada Report, in 2015, women earned an average of $26.11 per hour, while men earned an average of $29.86.
- Women earned $0.87 for every dollar earned by men, largely as a result of wage inequality between women and men within occupations.
- 2017-18 Gender Wage Gap Grant Program.
- Previous recipients to the Gender Wage Gap Grant Program.
- Equal Pay Day in Ontario.
- Ontario's Pay Equity Commission.
SOURCE Pay Equity Office
For further information: Pay Equity Office: 180 Dundas Street West, Suite 300, Toronto, ON M7A 2S6; Telephone: 416-314-1896, Toll free: 1-800-387-8813, TTY Local: 416-212-3991, TTY Toll free: 1-855-253-8333, Facsimile: 416-314-8741