TORONTO, July 13, 2017 /CNW/ - The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is bringing its rate review process to Bracebridge tonight. The province's energy regulator has received a rate application from Hydro One to increase its distribution rates over five years beginning on January 1, 2018.
The Community Meeting in Bracebridge will be the ninth the OEB has held across the province since June 15.
The amounts requested by Hydro One in its application to the OEB relate to its distribution business and do not reflect any credits or other changes resulting from the Fair Hydro Act, 2017. Any amounts approved by the OEB will not impact the distribution line of the bill of most Hydro One customers, after the Fair Hydro Act credits and changes are applied.
The OEB will carefully review Hydro One's application. As part of its review, the OEB is holding a community meeting to help consumers:
- Learn more about Hydro One's costs as described in its rate application;
- Find out how they can get involved in the OEB's process; and
- Provide their comments to the OEB about Hydro One's application.
OEB Community Meeting on Hydro One's Rate Application
When: Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. (Doors open at 6 p.m.)
Where: Bracebridge Sportsplex Auditorium – 110 Clearbrook Trail
Media are welcome to attend.
Consumers are invited to make a five-minute presentation at the meeting by first contacting the OEB at [email protected] or by calling 416-440-7605 or 1-877-632-2727 (toll-free within Ontario) and quoting file number EB-2017-0049.
- How to get involved in the OEB's rate review processes, please visit: oeb.ca/consumervoice.
- Hydro One's distribution rate application: oeb.ca/participate/applications/current-major-applications/eb-2017-0049
- Fair Hydro Act's Bill Impact: Backgrounder, OEB Presentation & Hydro One Community Presentation
About the Ontario Energy Board
The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is an independent and impartial public agency. We make decisions that serve the public interest. Our goal is to promote a sustainable and efficient energy sector that provides consumers with reliable energy services at a reasonable cost.
For more information, please visit the OEB website at oeb.ca or contact us directly.
Ce document est aussi disponible en français.
SOURCE Ontario Energy Board
For further information: Media Inquiries: Phone: 416-544-5171, Email: [email protected]