Company dedicated to making Canadian roads and communities safer
TORONTO, Dec. 12, 2018 /CNW/ - On the heels of National Safe Driving Week (December 1 – 7), Onlia Holding Inc., a new company offering innovative digital auto insurance and a mobile app, is launching today in Ontario and is committed to making Canadian roads the world's safest. As a champion for safety, Onlia's vision is to create a safer world that rethinks the role of insurance. At Onlia, safety comes first and insurance is a close second.
"What sets Onlia apart is we believe in motivation over discouragement, and rewards over penalties," says Pieter Louter, CEO of Onlia. "We want to work together with Canadians to redefine the role of insurance in our lives – by focusing on prevention, and rewarding safe behaviour through the Onlia Sense safe driving app."
To support its mission, Onlia is rallying Canadians to join its safety movement with the belief that we can foster positive, collective change through the sharing of ideas and redefining old ways of doing things.
Join the Onlia community and connect with fellow Canadians committed to driving safe and making our roads and communities safer, plus discover tools and resources to help facilitate safe driving behaviour. Here's how:
- Join the safety movement and sign up for Onlia's e-newsletter at onlia.ca.
- Download the Onlia Sense mobile app.
- Visit onlia.ca for a commitment-free online auto insurance quote. Discover how quick and easy it is to get coverage in Onlia's fully digital experience.
Onlia Sense Mobile App stimulates and rewards safe driving behavior
Onlia Sense, Onlia's safe driving mobile app, is offered free of charge to all Canadians and is designed to facilitate safe behavioural change, reward good drivers and make our streets safer.
- Safety focused navigation with 3D maps, real-time traffic, and configurable safety alerts show drivers school zones, sharp curve warnings, railway crossings and speed limits.
- Using advanced technology including telematics (technology that measures speed and movement) and GPS, the app assesses your driving habits from a safety perspective in five key areas: acceleration; braking; cornering; speed; and, contextual, as well as showing you any instances of distracted driving.
- After each trip you take, you'll see where you drove safely, and areas where you can improve. Achieve a high drive score to unlock badges, and earn perks for completing safe driving challenges.
- Available for free on the App Store and Google Play Store or at OnliaSense.ca.
Onlia's Auto Insurance is easy to use, fair and super flexible
Onlia's exciting new insurance product is designed to make it easy to feel safer. In just a few minutes, Ontario residents can purchase personalized auto insurance online with no paperwork or phone calls required.
Every policy comes standard with premium features that provide today's drivers with modern protection, including increased liability coverage, accident and ticket forgiveness, and free rental cars when needed – all at a competitive rate. Safe drivers save even more with discounted premiums for no at-fault collisions. Onlia's coverage is unique in that a policy can be changed or cancelled at any moment online – including the option to put coverage "on hold" for a set duration of time. With no cancellation requirements or hidden fees, Onlia provides Canadians a fair, transparent, refreshing alternative to traditional insurance.
Enroll now at onlia.ca and be among the first to have Onlia auto insurance coverage, effective February 2019.
Onlia Holding Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiaries Onlia Agency Inc. & Onlia Services Inc., offers innovative digital insurance and mobile technology products to the Canadian market. Onlia's mission is to create a community around making Canada a safer place, and to provide tools and motivation to facilitate safer behaviours. Launched in 2018, Onlia is a joint venture between Achmea Canada Holding Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Achmea B.V. the largest insurance group of the Netherlands, and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a Canadian holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Using proprietary and award-winning technology, Onlia is rethinking the way Canadians approach safety and insurance. Join the community at Onlia.ca and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For further information: Olivia van Eyk | [email protected] | 647-539-2627