MONTREAL, May 18, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Lactantia is proud to be celebrating 70 years of innovation and dedication bringing to Quebecers the goodness of homegrown dairy products. The brand has proudly taken pride of place on kitchen tables throughout Quebec households for seven decades. It comes as no surprise, then, to learn that 73% of Quebecers would be ready to recommend it at any time to a relative, co-worker or friend, according to a survey done of 1,001 homes by Youri Rivest Recherche et Stratégie from May 10 to 12, 2017. This percentage increases to 92 when regular consumers of Lactantia milk are surveyed. According to the same survey, Lactantia is one of the 10 brands most recommended by Quebecers.
Regular consumers of Lactantia milk say the brand distinguishes itself by its taste (63%), its freshness (37%) and its purity (20%). They also say the Lactantia name is synonymous with great-tasting, quality products (58%) and they are aware that it is a proudly Quebec business (34%). Marco De Palma, General Manager, Fluid for Canada, says he's delighted. "Lactantia and Quebec consumers have had an affair of the heart since 1947. We employ more than 800 dedicated employees with established roots in our communities and we are proud of our expertise in developing Lactantia PūrFiltre dairy products. While we continue our growth and quest for innovation, we also stay true to our mission, which is to produce delicious dairy products that help Quebecers keep balance in their lives. Nothing more, nothing less."
Lactantia, our history:
- Established in 1947 in Victoriaville by Lionel Beaudet, a progressive-thinking dairy producer;
- Originally a strategic geographical location near the best breeders of Holstein and Ayrshire cows in eastern Canada and within the circumference of the province's major cities – Montreal, Quebec City, Trois-Rivières and Sherbrooke;
- Acquired by Parmalat Canada in 1997;
- A diversified product line that includes milk, butter, cream, cream cheese, margarine, spreads and milkshakes;
- Lactantia PūrFiltre is a leader in the market of filtered milk in Quebec and Canada;
- Parmalat in Quebec: 3 factories operating in Victoriaville (cheeses), Laverlochère (milk powder), and Montreal (where Lactantia milk is bottled), employing more than 800 people.
A revamped image to mark the occasion
92% of Quebecers said that they are very familiar with Lactantia and 78% said they recognize the logo and graphic design of the brand that has been among their daily food choices since childhood. To celebrate its 70th anniversary, the company decided to update its visual image. While subtle, the modernization preserves the farm imagery, entrenched in the hearts and minds of the consumers. The new look has graced milk packaging since this May and will be expanded to include all products in the Lactantia family over the coming months.
About Parmalat Canada Inc.
With over 120 years of brand heritage in the Canadian food and dairy industry, Parmalat Canada manufactures and markets a variety of high-quality food products that help Canadians keep balance in their lives. Parmalat Canada produces milk, dairy products and ingredients, fruit juices, cultured products, cheese products and table spreads. Our employees' commitment to quality and innovation has made Parmalat Canada one of the largest, most-dynamic food group companies in Canada, employing more than 2,900 people with 16 operating facilities across the country. Parmalat Canada is a subsidiary of Parmalat S.p.A, of Italy and is traded on the Italian stock exchange. Learn more at www.parmalat.ca.
SOURCE Parmalat Canada
For further information: Isabelle Verge, 514 701-7223, email@example.com