OTTAWA, March 2, 2018 /CNW/ - Hydro Ottawa is proud to announce its selection as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion has made it a role model in cultivating a culture of belonging thanks to its executive-sponsored Diversity Council and sub-groups.
The company's comprehensive Diversity and Inclusion Plan works to attract, acquire, engage and retain diverse talent to spur innovation, drive growth and sustain competitive advantage. It also works to better reflect the communities it serves so as to enable it to offer additional customer value. The plan fosters a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Hydro Ottawa's overarching Diversity Council is led by two executive sponsors to implement the Diversity and Inclusion Plan, with participation from employee volunteers at all levels of the organization.
- The Diversity Council and sub-groups focus on tangible ways to advance workplace culture and gain insight from employees that self-identify as youth, women, people with disabilities, First Nations, LGBTQ+, members of visible minorities, and new Canadians.
- Hydro Ottawa was recently recognized as a National Capital Region Top Employer for the tenth consecutive year in 2018. This is the first time the company has earned this Best Diversity Employer accolade.
- In 2016, Hydro Ottawa was awarded with the Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Champion award from Electricity Human Resources Canada.
- Hire Immigrants Ottawa recognized the company with its Employer Excellence award in 2016.
"We are a better company when our employees feel deep in their bones that they can come to work as their true authentic selves. This award recognizes the work, passion and commitment of our employees to grow, have candid conversations, and challenge the status quo on important social issues in the workplace. I'm immensely proud of this award because it represents the best of who we are as a company and our shared values with our employees."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media Contact: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345, [email protected]