- Live after-show special AFTER THE RACE wins timeslot with 1.8 million viewers -
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA-related terms trend throughout the finale, post-show, and into the morning -
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA and AFTER THE RACE are the Top 2 programs of the day -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1paZ2uO
TORONTO, Sept. 22, 2014 /CNW/ - It took a flawless final leg in the nation's capital to win THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, and best friends Mickey Henry and Pete Schmalz did just that, capping a remarkable second season for Canada's #1 summer series. With delayed viewing data still to come, the nail-biting season finale was Sunday's most-watched program with a preliminary overnight audience of 2.7 million viewers on CTV. With nearly one in three English-language Canadians watching TV last night tuning into THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, the broadcast was an overnight season-high audience for the program and the largest overnight audience on Canadian television since the season finale of THE BIG BANG THEORY in May.*
Immediately following the finale, the live after-show special AFTER THE RACE won the 9 p.m. hour with 1.8 million viewers, making it the most-watched Bell Media In-House Production on record. Renewed last night for a third season, and with casting now open, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is once again the most-watched television program in Canada this summer with an average audience of 2.7 million viewers (final data).
Online, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA-related terms trended on Twitter in Canada throughout the finale, AFTER THE RACE, and into the morning, as fans flocked to social media to congratulate winners Mickey and Pete and reach out to all the Racers. More than 16,700 mentions of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA-related terms were tweeted in the 24 hours surrounding the broadcast, generating more than 28.1 million estimated impressions.
Also to note, according to Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA and AFTER THE RACE were the Top 2 programs Sunday with total viewers and all key demos.
- Overall, 4.7 million unique viewers watched some part of the finale, which peaked at 3.3 million viewers in the final minute as Mickey and Pete celebrated their victory on the final Pit Stop mat with Jon and the 10 other teams.
- The finale was the #1 program for the night (non-sports) in all markets among total viewers, A25-54, and A18-49.
- The broadcast delivered shares of 27% (P2+), 30% (A18-34 and A25-54), and 32% (A18-49).
- In Toronto, the finale and AFTER THE RACE are the Top 2 programs of the day among total viewers and all key demos.
Last night's episode will encore this week on TSN5 (Monday, Sept. 22 at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT), TSN4 (Thursday, Sept. 25 at 12 midnight/Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 9 p.m. PT, and again Thursday, Sept. 25 at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT), TSN2 (Thursday, Sept. 25 at 10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT), and CTV and CTV GO (Saturday, Sept. 27 at 3 p.m. ET/PT and again at 10 p.m. ET/PT - and is also now available on demand at CTV GO.
The four premier sponsors for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA are Air Canada, Chevrolet Canada, DQ Canada, and Scotiabank.
Commissioned by CTV, Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television Productions.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada), overnight data, May 26-Sept 14, 2014
*Non-Sports Source: Sysomos query Trending terms included #congratsmickeyandpete, Mickey and Pete, #AmazingRaceCanada, and #AfterTheRace.:
For further information:
Jacqui VanSickle, CTV Networks, 416.384.5091 or [email protected]
Jim Quan, CTV Networks, 416.384.5311 or [email protected]
Cary Mignault, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, 416.435.9295 or [email protected]
Monique Bevan, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, 416.384.2055 or [email protected]