MONTRÉAL, Feb. 11, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - After its exciting debut last year with 99.6% of the 500,000 tickets sold, the 100 $ ultime lottery ticket is back! On sale for 8 weeks beginning tomorrow, 100 $ ultime offers a 1-in-25,000 chance of becoming a millionaire. The draw to select the 20 winning numbers will be conducted on April 5 at 7:30 p.m. on TVA.
- "As the 100 $ ultime ticket generated so much excitement among Quebecers last year, we adjusted the distribution process in order to maximize the chances that as many tickets as possible remain available for a longer period throughout all regions in Québec," said Richard Trudel, Director, Customer Service and Draws.
- "Last year, we received over 3,300 calls from customers asking about the 100 $ ultime ticket. That's huge! Many were looking to purchase tickets. We let them know which points of sale still had tickets available. This year, customer service personnel will have access to a regularly updated system in order to better direct customers to nearby retailers who have tickets for sale," Mr. Trudel added.
- 100 $ ultime is the consumer's best chance of becoming a millionaire: odds of 1 in 25,000 compared to 1 in 14,000,000 with Lotto 6/49.
- Loto-Québec predicted that this lottery would encourage people to form groups to purchase tickets, and that is exactly what occurred. In fact, 13 of the 20 grand prizes awarded went to groups. It is worth noting that all 20 grand prizes offered were awarded.
- Similar to Célébration, the ticket offers instant scratch prizes in addition to numbers valid for the 20 draws.
- This is the second edition of 100 $ ultime. Over the years, Loto-Québec has marketed 6 special editions of products costing $100.
- Capsules of winners' stories hosted by Patrice Bélanger will be aired on TVA starting on March 12.
100 $ ultime, in short
- Marketing date: February 12
- Draw date: April 5
- Broadcast of draws: Starting at 7:30 p.m. on TVA. Patrice Bélanger will emcee the draws during movie night commercial breaks.
- Grand prizes: 20 grand prizes worth $1 million, 1 of which is decomposable
- Ticket price: $100
- Odds of winning $1,000,000: 1 in 25,000
- Odds of winning a prize: 1 in 4
- Number of tickets available: 500,000
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2017, Loto-Québec paid out 107 prizes worth $1 million or more and created 132 millionaires. Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 29 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/lotoquebec Hashtag: #lotoquebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, email@example.com, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Renaud Dugas, Senior Public Affairs and Public Relations Advisor, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5208, firstname.lastname@example.org