LowestRates.ca reached incredible milestones over the past five years, with many more exciting initiatives on the horizon
TORONTO, Dec. 14, 2017 /CNW/ - LowestRates.ca started five years ago with $150,000 and a simple mission: to use that money to build a company that helps Canadians save money.
Five years later, millions of Canadians use the website to compare rates on insurance, mortgages and credit cards. LowestRates.ca has been recognized as one of Canada's fastest growing startups, and has won a number of awards in the past five years for innovation in the fintech space.
"Looking back at how far we've come, and with many of the same people who started out with us, I couldn't be prouder of what we've achieved," said Justin Thouin, co-founder and CEO of LowestRates.ca.
"But this really is just the beginning," adds Thouin. "We're so excited to share with Canadians our future projects —we have some really cool things in store for 2018 and beyond."
Given that December is the five-year anniversary of the company, LowestRates.ca would like to take this moment to thank its customers, business partners and team for all their support over the years.
To celebrate, the company compiled a timeline to look back at its achievements since 2012.
- The LowestRates.ca website goes live
- Proprietary mortgage calculator launches
- Traffic milestone: hundreds of thousands of Canadians flock to the website to compare rates
- Mobile version of the website launches
- LowestRates.ca moves into its new Toronto office
- Our first major marketing campaign is unveiled
- Ranked 4th on STARTUP 50 list by Profit
- CEO, Justin Thouin, is nominated for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Ontario award
- LowestRates.ca once again makes the STARTUP 50
- Launched the Canadian Car Insurance Index
- Expansion in Quebec and Eastern Canada
Coming in 2018 from LowestRates.ca
- New calculators to help Canadians make smarter financial decisions
- Additional partners to provide consumers even more choice
- More personal financial products for Canadians to compare
- Continued interesting and educational content to improve financial literacy in the country
LowestRates.ca is changing the way that Canadians think about personal finance. It's a one-stop-shop for Canadians to compare offers on personal financial products quickly and easily from North America's leading companies, including our partners at CAA, PC Insurance, and Scotiabank. LowestRates.ca has helped millions of Canadians explore their financial options and continues to work towards our goal of saving Canadians $1 billion in fees and interest.
For further information: Dan Rubin, (416) 568-3313, [email protected]