Anycast DNS solution adds protection and performance for .nz domains
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, March 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Today at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) meetings in Copenhagen, NZRS, that operates the registry for .nz domain names, announced a partnership with the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to deliver Anycast DNS services for the .nz domain.
- .nz is a world class top level domain consisting of 670,000 registrations which sets demanding standards for technology providers, particularly in the areas of interconnectivity, data analytics and security.
- CIRA's D-Zone Anycast DNS augments .nz's DNS infrastructure with a global network of nodes and peering to over 2,300 networks. As part of this deal, CIRA and NZRS will also be working together to build a new Pacific node for CIRA's Anycast cloud.
- To help enable data-driven decision making at .nz, CIRA's solution provides both advanced query monitoring and reporting, as well as access to data files and trends for research and development purposes.
- CIRA's solution was built with the needs of the .CA domain at its heart, making it a perfect fit for TLD operators. CIRA is a leading Canadian DNS provider and has developed several partnerships with other global TLDs to deliver Anycast DNS services.
"In selecting DNS hosting providers, NZRS looks for providers with deep DNS expertise who are committed to building a world class network and can provide a global reach for the .nz TLD. In CIRA we see an organisation that not only amply demonstrated this but also shares our vision of building a better Internet."
- Jay Daley, CEO at NZRS Ltd
"CIRA is committed to helping to build global Internet infrastructures that meet the needs of an increasingly complex and vibrant digital world. Without a robust DNS solution the Internet literally cannot function and TLD operators like .nz take that responsibility seriously. Our D-Zone Anycast DNS solution is a simple way to rapidly add protection and performance."
- Dave Chiswell, VP of product development at CIRA
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world's most advanced back-end registry solutions.
About NZRS Ltd
NZRS Ltd. manages the .nz top-level domain on behalf of New Zealand. NZRS is a part of the InternetNZ group of companies that promotes the potential of the Internet in New Zealand. In addition to the operation of world-leading registry services, NZRS undertakes cutting edge applied research to build a better understanding of Internet usage.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: Ryan Saxby Hill, communications manager, CIRA, [email protected], 613-237-5335 ext 285 (office), 613-316-2397 (mobile); Angela Ogier, chief operating officer, NZRS Ltd., [email protected], +64 4 555 0100 (office), +64 21 143 5602 (mobile)