TORONTO, Nov. 20, 2014 /CNW/ -
TC Media sells 15 consumer magazines to TVA Group, including Canadian Living and The Hockey News
The $55.5-million sale of titles produced in Toronto and Montreal will consolidate Quebecor's position in magazines, putting it on par with Rogers. Carys Mills reports.
Why women still need a safe space to talk about their newsroom experiences
In light of the Jian Ghomeshi story, Canada.com news editors Ashley Csanady and Lauren Strapagiel explain the thinking behind Broadsheet, a networking event for women in journalism.
The failed ebook experiment at Canadian newspapers
Despite their promise as a new revenue stream, ebooks have proven too expensive and too narrowly focused for most Canadian dailies, writes Evan Radford.
The Unknowable Country: All media requests are not equal
Internal documents suggest the government may prioritize international media requests over ones from alternative, independent Canadian media, writes columnist Sean Holman.
St. Lawrence College suspends its two-year journalism diploma
The program, started in 2007 and based in Cornwall, Ont., faced low enrolment and a lack of student interest. Carys Mills reports.
- Toronto Standard gets out of news
- Delacourt to write only once a week for the Toronto Star
- Ryerson and the Neptis Foundation partner to teach students data journalism
- LIVE: Mashable's Jim Roberts in conversation with James Bradshaw
- Covering Ebola: Preparing for the unimaginable
- Brunswick News Ombudswoman: Why we use names in court reporting
- Muzzled scientists: The challenge of reporting on climate change in Canada
- Andrew Coyne leaves Twitter
- Shameless magazine celebrates 10th anniversary
- How the 'right kind' of media can help prevent youth suicide
- Nov. 27: CAJ Pub Night (Toronto)
- Dec. 3: CJFE Gala: A Night to Honour Courageous Reporting
- More events
J-Source and ProjetJ are publications of The Canadian Journalism Project, a venture among post-secondary journalism schools and programs across Canada, led by Ryerson University, Université Laval and Carleton University and supported by a group of donors.
Copyright © 2014 The Canadian Journalism Project. All rights reserved.
For further information: Tamara Baluja, Associate Editor, J-Source, email@example.com, 416.979.5000 ext 7433