– Racers compete for a grand prize totaled at close to a million dollars, including $250,000 cash, a year of travel in Business Class courtesy of Air Canada, two Chevrolet Colorado Trucks, and "Gas for Life" courtesy of Petro-Canada –
– Additionally, all teams are eligible for a record 11 pit stop prizes from Air Canada and Petro-Canada –
– 12 new teams to be announced next week on ETALK (Monday), CANADA AM (Tuesday), the MARILYN DENIS SHOW (Wednesday), and THE SOCIAL (Thursday) –
– Season 3 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 8 on CTV and CTV GO; previous seasons now streaming on CraveTV –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1FMvgVH
TORONTO, June 11, 2015 /CNW/ - THE AMAZING RACE CANADA returns in less than a month to CTV with the biggest haul of prizes yet! Up for grabs is the hugely coveted grand prize in addition to a record 11 bigger and better pit stop prizes, together totalling more than a million dollars. The grand prize includes: a $250,000 cash payout, "gas for life" from Petro-Canada, the opportunity to fly for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide in Business Class, and two Chevrolet Colorado Trucks – the 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year, making it the largest grand prize ever awarded for a Canadian competition series. The pit stop prizes are awarded to teams courtesy of Air Canada and Petro-Canada, and will be revealed during the broadcasts. The racers competing this season are set to be revealed next week on CTV's ETALK (Monday), CANADA AM (Tuesday), THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW (Wednesday), and THE SOCIAL (Thursday). Season 3 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 8 on CTV and CTV GO. Visit CTV.ca to check local listings.
Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA was, yet again, the most-watched television program in Canada last summer and the second most-watched program of the entire broadcast year with an average audience of 2.8 million viewers. THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is also set to anchor CTV's Summer 2015 schedule.
**Media Note** – Download photography for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA at BellMediaPR.ca
"Once again, our amazing partners continue to deliver the best prizes offered by any competition series in Canada period," said Phil King, President – CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming, Bell Media. "With more than a million dollars in winnings up for grabs, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA stakes are real, and the payout, life changing."
A full outline of the close to 1 million dollar grand prize is below.
- The winning team of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA receives a quarter-of-a-million dollars cash. Pretty simple!
The Trip of a Lifetime
- The opportunity to fly free for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide (more than 190 destinations) in Business Class.
- Winners get a luxurious international travel experience with Air Canada International Business Class's unparalleled comfort with fully-flat seats, the latest in-flight amenities, personal seat back entertainment at every seat with hundreds of hours of movies, TV programs, and music available on demand, as well as standard 110V electrical outlets at arm's reach for all customers.
- Based on 10 trips for two.
"As a proud Canadian brand, we at Air Canada are pleased to provide the show's courageous and ambitious competitors with access to our extensive network of domestic and global destinations," said Craig Landry, Vice President of Marketing, Air Canada. "Our three year partnership reflects the values we share of constantly striving for success and pushing ourselves to achieve more."
Two Chevrolet Colorado Trucks
- Voted 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year, the winning team will receive two Chevrolet Colorado Trucks. With advanced technology to keep drivers connected with 4G LTE on the go, great fuel efficiency, and unmatched safety and refinement, the Chevrolet Colorado is the perfect reinvention of the mid-size truck.
"The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado is an all-new midsize pickup with the style and versatility of a truck and the refinement, manoeuverability and efficiency of a crossover," said John Roth, vice-president, sales, service and marketing, General Motors of Canada. "The team that wins THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is going to have to bring a passion for life and adventure to the race and we think that this truck will be a great fit for those winners."
Free Gas for Life
- High-quality gasoline from Petro-Canada, a Suncor business. Produced for all Canadian driving conditions, available at more than 1,450 Petro-Canada retail stations.
- Based on a 50-year term
"We are proud to return as a sponsor of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA in an even bigger way this year. In addition to the grand prize of free gas for life, we are excited to also provide pit-stop prizing," said Deborah Gullaher, Vice President, Marketing, Suncor. "We will be cheering on our fellow Canadians as they race across the country for the top prize."
The third season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is back with brand new teams and fresh, exciting, nail-biting challenges. Canada's most-watched television series on record now has 12 teams (up from 11 last year), meaning more action, more challenges, and more at stake as the racers travel across Canada in the hopes of being the first team to cross the finish line. Hosted by Olympic champion and Canadian hero Jon Montgomery (@jonmonty), Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA garnered four 2015 Canadian Screen Award wins including Best Reality/Competition Program or Series. Viewers are encouraged to follow @AmazingRaceCDA and stay tuned to the CTV Facebook page for updates.
Commissioned by CTV, Season 3 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television. Encore episodes of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will air Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT and Sundays at 5 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO. Previous seasons are also now streaming on CraveTV.
The three premier sponsors for THE AMAZING RACECANADAare Air Canada, Chevrolet Canada, and newly added BMO Financial Group. Dairy Queen® Canada, Mentos, and Petro-Canada™, also return to partner with the juggernaut hit series.
About Bell Media Independent Production
Bell Media has commissioned some of Canada's most-watched and most-acclaimed original programming, working with the best Canadian independent producers in the country. Hit CTV series include ratings success stories SAVING HOPE, MOTIVE, the record-breaking THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, and MASTERCHEF CANADA. Among the scripted series on Bell Media pay and specialty channels are the three-time Emmy®-nominated hit DEGRASSI, the internationally acclaimed ORPHAN BLACK, the most-watched original series in Space history BITTEN, Bravo's most-watched original drama 19-2, award-winning dramedy SENSITIVE SKIN, the upcoming adventure series KILLJOYS, and upcoming cult comedy, LETTERKENNY. Bell Media specialty channels are also home to hit factual series HIGHWAY THRU HELL, COLD WATER COWBOYS, and CANADA'S WORST DRIVER, among others.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 14 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada)
For further information: Jacqui VanSickle, CTV Networks, 416.384.5091 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Jim Quan, CTV Networks, 416.384.5311 or email@example.com