LONDON, March 12, 2015 /CNW/ -
Norgine and Arc Medical Design Ltd. today announced a partnership that will see Norgine commercialising and distributing ENDOCUFF VISION™, a Class 1 sterile medical device used in colonoscopy, across a number of major European markets, Australia and New Zealand. Norgine's first launch of ENDOCUFF VISION™ will take place in the UK Q2 2015.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130829/633895-a )
ENDOCUFF VISION™ is a single use, sterile endoscopic overtube, which fits onto the distal end of most endoscopes, and has been designed to improve tip control during extubation and enhance mucosal vision in patients with diseases of the colon, including colorectal cancer. The improved visualisation of lesions has been shown to result in an increase in both the Adenoma Detection Rate (ADR) and Mean Adenomas per Patient (MAP) rate.,,,
Colorectal cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related mortality in the world; nearly 1.4 million new cases of colorectal cancer were diagnosed worldwide in 2012 and 412,000 people are diagnosed with it every year in Europe.,
Peter Stein, Chief Executive Officer Norgine, commented, "We are excited about our new partnership with Arc Medical and the promotion of ENDOCUFF VISION™, a device which not only leads to a significant increase in lesion detection, but also ensures a quality colonoscopy and avoids the need for repeat procedures - thus significantly improving the patient experience. This partnership is a further example of Norgine's commitment to improving quality in colonoscopy and adds to our existing bowel cleansing portfolio."
1. Biecker E, et al. Novel Endocuff-assisted colonoscopy significantly increases the polyp detection rate. A randomized controlled trial. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014;00:000-000
2. Floer M, et al. Higher adenoma detection rate with Endocuff assisted colonoscopy. Plos One. 3 December 2014; 10.1371
3. Lenze F, et al. Endocuff-assisted colonoscopy: a new accessory to improve adenoma detection rate? Technical aspects and first clinical experiences. Endoscopy. 2014; 46(7):610-614
4. Marsano J, et al. Endocuff assisted colonoscopy increases adenoma detection rate: A multicentre study. ASGE Posters, 10095, DDW, Chicago 2014
5. Ferlay J, Steliarova-Foucher E, Lortet-Tieulent J et al. Cancer incidence and mortality patterns in Europe: Estimates for 40 countries in 2012. Eur J Cancer 2013;49:1374-14037. Zavoral M et al. Colorectal cancer screening in Europe. World J Gastroenterol 2009;15(47):5907-5915
6. Colorectal Cancer Statistics, World Cancer Research Fund International, http://www.wcrf.org/int/cancer-facts-figures/data-specific-cancers/colorectal-cancer-statistics [Accessed 4 March 2015]
7. Zavoral M et al. Colorectal cancer screening in Europe. World J Gastroenterol 2009;15(47):5907-5915
See release on http://www.norgine.com
SOURCE Norgine B.V
For further information: Charlotte Andrews, +44(0)7714-061-485; Isabelle Jouin : Mob: +44(0)7714-406372