Fallsview Casino Resort & Casino Niagara win Top Employer Award for 5th year running
NIAGARA FALLS, ON, Nov. 26, 2014 /CNW/ - For the fifth consecutive year Niagara Casinos has been named one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers is an annual competition in which employers in the same field are compared and evaluated using eight key criteria. The award distinguishes organizations in the Hamilton-Niagara area as industry leaders offering exceptional places to work.
"We're honoured to once again receive this incredible recognition," says Art Frank, President of Niagara Casinos. "This award reflects the kind of company we strive to be for our employees and for our community."
As one of the Region's largest employers with over 4,000 associates, Niagara Casinos offers an extensive selection of employee-valued programs and services, including:
- A comprehensive pension and benefits program
- A Wellness Centre
- Employee events such as the annual picnic, holiday parties and service awards
- Health-conscious options available in the Associate Dining Room
- A dedicated employee recognition program including an awards ceremony (the Ovation Gala)
- Associate development opportunities for improving skills and abilities
- NC Santé – an employee website devoted to Associate fitness, health and well-being
- Employee fitness initiatives such as yoga, boot camps, hikes and recipe sharing
- Interactive communication channels
"We're always exploring new ways to develop and enhance our workplace," says Maria Graham, Vice President of Human Resources. "We actively look for feedback from our employees on how to improve the working environment, and we strive to provide the resources needed to encourage their professional success. We ensure our workplace is the best so that we can attract and retain top talent to better serve our customers."
Corporate social responsibility is important to Niagara Casinos, and as such numerous opportunities exist for employees to get involved in various corporate giving and green initiatives. This year marked the casinos' 17th annual workplace campaign for the United Way of Niagara Falls and Greater Fort Erie, which raised $215,000, driving employee and corporate donations to over $3.8 million since 1997.
Niagara Casinos' ongoing efforts to support local communities, to provide premiere entertainment and to promote a safe work environment have not gone unnoticed. In 2014 alone Niagara Casinos was granted the following awards:
- Health & Wellness Program (1000+ employees), Benefits Canada
- Pension Plan Engagement, Benefits Canada
- Ontario's Favourite Casino, Toronto Sun Readers' Choice Awards
- Best Comedy Club, Niagara Falls Review Readers' Choice Awards
- Best Spa Facility, Niagara Falls Review Readers' Choice Awards
- Best of Award of Excellence (Ponte Vecchio & 21 Club), Wine Spectator
- Award of Excellence (Lucky's Steakhouse), Wine Spectator
- Award of Excellence, Niagara Falls Summer Trillium Recognition Program
- Leading Edge Award, American Gaming Association
- Best Broadcast Advertisement, American Gaming Association
- Award of Distinction, United Way of Niagara Falls & Greater Fort Erie
- Best Internal Recognition/Motivational Event (Ovation Gala), International Business Awards
- Best Motivational Video, International Business Awards
About 3,000 companies of all sizes and types apply each year to Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers competition. The complete list of the 2014 Hamilton-Niagara Top Employers appears November 26, 2014, in a special magazine published by The Hamilton Spectator.
About Fallsview Casino Resort
Overlooking the world-famous Horseshoe Falls, Fallsview Casino Resort is an award-winning resort offering premiere entertainment and superior guest service since 2004. Featuring a CAA Four-Diamond Hotel with 374 luxury rooms and suites, Fallsview Casino Resort houses one of the largest and most-impressive gaming floors in the world with over 3,000 slot machines and 100 gaming tables. This vibrant resort property also features a full–service spa and fitness centre, a state-of-the-art 1,500-seat Avalon Theatre, dozens of dining and shopping options and over 30,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. For more information, visit fallsviewcasinoresort.com, @NiagaraCasinos on Twitter, or call 1-888-325-5788.
About Casino Niagara
Operating since 1996, Casino Niagara offers non-stop excitement in the heart of Niagara Falls' tourism district. The Casino features action-packed gaming with over 1,500 slot machines, 34 gaming tables and a designated sports section. The property also includes four restaurants, free live entertainment and Yuk Yuk's standup comedy. For more information, visit casinoniagara.com or call 1-888-325-5788.
SOURCE: Fallsview Casino
For further information: Samantha Hoodless, Communications Specialist, Fallsview Casino Resort, T: 905-371-7538, firstname.lastname@example.org, @NiagaraCasinos