- NI expands the NI CompactDAQ platform with stand-alone data acquisition systems compatible with over 50 sensor-specific I/O modules for flexible, mixed-measurement data logging.
- The stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system includes a built-in dual-core Intel processor and onboard storage to deliver high-performance processing in a single, portable system.
- Using NI LabVIEW system design software, engineers can customize a data-logging or embedded monitoring solution to acquire, analyze and visualize their data in one environment.
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - NIWeek – National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced the new stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system, a high-performance embedded measurement and logging platform with a built-in dual-core Intel processor for running data acquisition, online analysis and logging software. With the NI CompactDAQ platform, engineers can customize a complete measurement system using LabVIEW or take advantage of over 600 companies in the NI Alliance Partner Network for a custom turnkey data-logging solution.
"We easily upgraded to the stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system with almost no changes to our LabVIEW code," said Tim Carlier, president and founder of Integrated Test & Measurement. "With the new embedded data-logging platform, we can run our iTestSystem software and log synchronized sensor data directly to the device, eliminating the need for a separate PC and drastically reducing system costs and maintenance requirements."
Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System Features
- Intel Core i7 dual-core processor, 2 GB RAM and 32 GB nonvolatile storage – Run high-performance, mixed-measurement tests while logging data directly to the system, removing the need for an external PC.
- Compatible with LabVIEW 2012 – Accelerate productivity with the latest version of LabVIEW, which provides sample projects and templates for high-speed acquisition and data logging, designed to save time and lower maintenance costs.
- 8-slot chassis with more than 50 C Series I/O module options – Mix and match a variety of I/O and sensor types, including AI, AO, DIO and CAN to create custom measurement and logging systems.
- USB, Ethernet and serial ports – Connect USB/Ethernet NI CompactDAQ devices, including the new NI cDAQ-9184 Ethernet chassis, to expand the number of module slots for large-channel-count applications or integrate other devices, such as a camera or GPS device.
- Stream data to disk at up to 30 MB/s – Simultaneously stream continuous measurements with sample rates up to 1 MS/s/ch.
Readers can learn more about the stand-alone NI CompactDAQ system at http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210718/.
Pricing and Contact Information
11500 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, Texas 78759-3504
Priced from $6,499; €6,249; ¥756,000
Tel: (800) 258-7022, Fax: (512) 683-9300
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
NI CompactDAQ, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies. A National Instruments Alliance Partner is a business entity independent from National Instruments and has no agency, partnership or joint-venture relationship with National Instruments.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
SOURCE: National Instruments
For further information:
PRN Photo Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org