NexJ Health Exchange integrated with 40 vendors, completing 116 integration tests across 10 categories
TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2012 /CNW/ - NexJ Systems Inc., (TSX: NXJ) a leading provider of next-generation enterprise customer relationship management (CRM) solutions and the sixth fastest growing technology company in North America, today announced successful testing of NexJ Health Exchange at the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Connectathon.
NexJ Health Exchange is a robust, flexible solution that provides open, standards-based interoperability between proprietary and standards-based health information systems (HIS), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Health Information Exchanges (HIE). Its vast library of pre-built adapters and easy-to-use graphical modeling and management tools simplify the process of connecting clinical systems according to National Health Information Network (NHIN) Connect Gateway, IHE profile, or HL7v2 and v3 standards.
"Following on our success at the 2011 Connectathon, we were determined to demonstrate even greater support for an expanded set of standards in 2012 and achieved this by adding support for seven additional IHE profile actors," said Eric Gombrich, SVP & GM, NexJ Health Solutions Group. "Our library of pre-built IHE profile adapters, available in NexJ Health Exchange, provides organizations with the fastest, most flexible, and most cost effective way to integrate clinical and other systems to achieve a comprehensive view of the patient across the continuum of care."
During the Connectathon, NexJ Health Exchange tested and passed 10 IHE profiles including: Cross-Community Access (XCA), Cross-Community Patient Discovery (XCPD), Patient Demographic Query (PDQ), Patient Identifier Cross Referencing (PIX) and Cross Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS).
- The XCA test proved NexJ can query, retrieve, and present patient electronic health records held by other communities. This enables the sharing of health information so that it is accessible wherever a patient presents.
- The XCPD test demonstrated that NexJ supports locating communities with patient records, and the translation of patient identifiers across communities. With this functionality individuals can be uniquely identified and their health record made accessible irrespective of where they had been previously treated.
- The PDQ test proved that NexJ can search for patient visit and demographic knowledge such as name, age or gender, from within the patient registry central to a number of remote healthcare facilities and return complete and accurate results.
- The PIX test complements the PDQ test and demonstrated that the system is able to recognize information related to a given individual, despite having been labeled distinctively with bar code or other naming conventions in different areas of the healthcare system, and associate the information to the person. The ability to locate and access the complete historical health record by individual is a critical element for people-centered health.
- The XDS test provided evidence that electronic health record documents can be shared between healthcare enterprises, ranging from physician offices to clinics to acute care in-patient facilities. The technology developed for this can further be applied to facilitate collaboration between health care providers or coaches and individuals, regardless of location and enable people-centered health.
About NexJ Systems Inc.
NexJ is a leading provider of enterprise private cloud solutions, delivering customer relationship management (CRM) solutions for financial services, insurance, and healthcare. Our next-generation, people-centered software combines industry-specific functionality with information from multiple applications and data stores to provide comprehensive knowledge of the individual. Organizations use this knowledge to provide superior and service by enabling proactive interactions that influence behavior.
NexJ was founded by an executive management team with extensive experience in the successful design and delivery of large-scale, integrated, enterprise software solutions. For more information about NexJ Systems visit www.nexj.com, e-mail [email protected], or call 416-222-5611.
NexJ Forward-looking Statement
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on NexJ's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. NexJ's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see NexJ's securities filings with the OSC and other securities regulators. NexJ securities filings are available on www.sedar.com. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, NexJ disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For further information:
Media Contact: Matthew Bogart