MELBOURNE, Australia, July 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Newcrest Mining Limited (ASX: NCM). Newcrest Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Sandeep Biswas, today announced the composition of the Company's new executive leadership team.
Mr Biswas said the composition of the new, smaller team reflects Newcrest's current priorities and its focus on operating discipline and cash generation.
"This team has extensive operational and functional experience and the right skill base to fully realise the potential of all our assets," he said.
The Executive Committee comprises:
- Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Sandeep Biswas
- Finance Director & Chief Financial Officer, Gerard Bond
- Executive General Manager International Operations, David Woodall
- Executive General Manager Australian Operations & Projects, Craig Jones
- Executive General Manager Minerals, Colin Moorhead
- General Counsel & Company Secretary, Francesca Lee
- Executive General Manager Human Resources and Communications, Jane Thomas, who will join the Company after she has completed her notice period with AGL where she has been Group Head of People and Culture for the past seven years. Debra Stirling, previously Executive General Manager People and Communications, left the Company on 4 July 2014 to pursue other opportunities, including non-executive directorships.
The role of Chief Operating Officer occupied by Sandeep Biswas for the past six months will not be replaced.
Executive General Manager, Sustainability and External Affairs, Geoff Day, will leave Newcrest during the current quarter to take up the role of Chief Executive Officer of Kingsgate Consolidated. The role will not be replaced on the Executive Committee; responsibilities will be re-distributed amongst Committee members.
Phil Stephenson will join Newcrest on 18 August 2014 to take up the role of General Manager Health Safety Environment and Security. Mr Stephenson's most recent role in his 28-year mining career was Vice President - Global, Health Safety and Security at Newmont Mining Corporation. He will report to the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
"I thank Geoff and Debra for their significant contributions and commitment to Newcrest over an extended period of time and wish them every success for their future endeavours," said Mr Biswas.
SOURCE: Newcrest Mining Limited
For further information:
T: + 61 3 9522 5493
E: [email protected]
T: +61 3 9522 5593
E: [email protected]