$50 MILLION JACKPOT + 18 'MAXMILLIONS' (ADDITIONAL PRIZES OF $1 MILLION EACH)
VANCOUVER, Dec. 30 /CNW/ - The new year could prove extra special for a number of Canadians, with as many as nineteen major prizes totaling $68 Million available in this Friday's LOTTO MAX draw. Every $5 LOTTO MAX ticket sold for the New Year's Eve draw offers players three chances to win the $50 Million jackpot plus one of 18 MAXMILLION prizes of $1 Million each. What a great end to 2010 for LOTTO MAX, with a huge jackpot for New Years Eve.
Winning a MAXMILLION prize is similar to winning the main jackpot - a player must match all seven winning numbers drawn for that prize. If no ticket wins the $50 million jackpot, it will again carry over to the next draw, along with any MAXMILLIONS that are not won.
So far this year, B.C. has produced four LOTTO MAX jackpot winners: Kevin Bowser from Houston, B.C. split a $19 Million jackpot with Ivan Catchpaw of Abbotsford with each taking home $9.5 Million. Derek and Frances Bird of Surrey claimed a $25 Million LOTTO MAX prize, and Vancouver's Kurt and Claude Blanchette-Ebert set a new B.C. record as the richest jackpot winners in this province's history when they claimed a $50 Million jackpot last month.
- Draws held each Friday night
- Each $5 ticket features 3 chances to win (7 numbers each)
- To win a jackpot players must match 7/7 numbers
- When the main jackpot reaches $50 Million, additional ticket sales are used to fund individual prizes of $1 Million called MAXMILLIONS
- Each MAXMILLION prize is drawn separately, following the main draw
- Players must match 7 of 7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION
BCLC is a provincial Crown Corporation that offers socially responsible gaming entertainment while generating income that benefits all British Columbians.
For further information: For further information:
please visit bclc.com or contact:
Manager, Issues Management & Media Relations
BCLC T 604 228 3027
C 604 209 0208