WOW air offering Canadians one-way flights to India starting as low as $299* from January to March 2019
TORONTO, Aug. 28, 2018 /CNW/ - WOW air, Iceland's only low-fare airline, is enticing Canadians to explore India next year with their ultra-low airfare. Travellers from Toronto and Montreal will be able to book one-way trips for January through to March 2019 from as low as $299 CAD* - a price you won't find on other airlines.
Nothing beats the charm of New Delhi during the first few months of the year. In January, the city is bustling with all sort of events including the Republic Day parade, which celebrates the country's independence ending in a dramatic air show. February and March on the other hand, are usually the best months to visit, as the weather is not too hot and not too cold. In addition, Holi, the annual colourful festival of love, begins March 20 and is considered one of the most celebrated events in India where people flinging rainbow-dyed powder in every direction while dancing in the street.
As a dynamic and exciting place, New Delhi provides visitors with magical sights, sounds, smells and tastes of its endless bazaars, as well as some of the world's prominent heritage sites (it is a designated UNESCO Heritage City, after all):
- The Red Fort: this historic fortress once housed the emperors of the Mughal dynasty for nearly 200 years. Now, it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and home to several museums.
- Humayun's Tomb: this striking structure is a Royal mausoleum built in memory of Emperor Humayun, the second Mughal ruler. Beyond being an amazing spot to snap a pic, it's an opportunity to learn about the former ruler. And, yes, it's also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- India Gate: the iconic India Gate is an Arc-de-Triomphe-style archway at the centre of New Delhi. It houses an eternal flame that burns day and night in memory of soldiers slain in the Indo-Pakistan War. Visit the archway at night when it's lit up with floodlights and surrounded by beautifully-coloured fountains. Although it's not a UNESCO World Heritage site yet, there's still plenty of time!
- Defence Colony: Initially built in the 1960s for ex-defence service people, the Defence Colony is now a lively, up-scale neighbourhood home to restaurants, cafes, and high-end shopping. Its central location makes it impossible to miss—but we know you're already halfway there!
- Day trip: Just one to two hours travel time away is the Taj Mahal of all historic sites—the Taj Mahal itself! It needs no introduction or explanation—it's one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
About WOW air
WOW air offers the lowest fares, a modern fleet with the lowest emissions and the biggest smile; this is the WOW air promise to its valuable customers.
The airline services 38 destinations across Europe and North America including Dublin, London, Paris, Berlin, and Copenhagen, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, Boston, Montreal and Toronto.
Established in November 2011 by Icelandic entrepreneur Skúli Mogensen, the purple airline flies with Airbus A320 aircrafts and Airbus A321/A330 models. WOW air boasts one of the world's youngest fleets, with an average aircraft age of just 2.5 years. By the end of 2018 the fleet will consist of 24 aircraft.
WOW air was ranked as the 5th best low-cost, long-haul airline in the world at 2016 Skytrax World Airline Awards. WOW air was also ranked as the 7th best low-cost airline in Europe at the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards and was the youngest airline in the top ten.
For more information visit: wowair.ca.
* From Toronto (YYZ) and Montréal (YUL) to Delhi (DEL). Based on lowest one-way WOW basic fare when booking round trip flights online. Includes all taxes, fees and carrier charges. Available for travel January – March, 2019. The offer applies to selected flights, during the travel period and is subject to availability. Restrictions and baggage fees apply. Lowest advertised fare is exclusive to MyWOW members.
SOURCE WOW air