2015 Edition includes updates to safety and loss management systems and CO2 pipeline systems
TORONTO, July 7, 2015 /CNW/ - CSA Group, a leading standards development organization and a global provider of testing and certification services, announces the availability of the 2015 CSA Z662-15: Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems. This is the seventh edition of Canada's primary standard for conditions typically encountered in a wide array of environments that make up the oil and gas industry.
New and extensively updated sections focus on loss management systems, integrity management programs and engineering assessment processes. A new annex has been added to provide guidance on the development of qualification and welding procedure specifications.
"CSA Group has almost 50 years of history developing standards for the oil and gas industry," said Gianluca Arcari, Executive Director, Standards and Vice President, CSA Group. "The new standard will also be our second standard available in an interactive version that can be downloaded to any mobile device and accessed remotely, on the job when you need it. We've had some excellent feedback on our interactive versions, and we plan to continue to modernize and make standards easier to use and more accessible."
CSA Z662 covers the design, construction, operation, maintenance, deactivation, and abandonment of oil and gas industry pipeline systems used for:
- Liquid hydrocarbons, including crude oil, multiphase fluids, condensate, liquid petroleum products,
- Natural gas liquids and liquefied petroleum gas,
- Oilfield water/steam,
- Carbon dioxide used in oilfield enhanced recovery schemes,
A thorough understanding of the requirements of CSA Z662 is a critical element in the safe design, construction and maintenance of pipeline systems across Canada. CSA Z662 is referenced in legislation by provinces, territories and the federal government making it a critical component for industry professionals to understand and apply this standard to help improve safety, reduce risk and boost productivity in the field. The new edition includes expert commentary directly in the standard document, making it a comprehensive resource when working on pipeline projects in compliance with this national standard.
Key Updates to Z662:
- Updates and revisions of the requirements for Safety and Loss Management Systems, Integrity Management Programs and Engineering Assessments process,
- Expansion of Annex M to address system control, monitoring and protection for all hydrocarbon pipelines,
- Clarification of requirements for steam distribution pipelines and high temperature pipelines,
- Clarification of the "sour service" requirements for gas-free pipeline systems for crude oil, crude oil blends, and low vapour pressure condensate,
- New Annex to provide guidance on the development of qualification of welding procedure specifications,
- Addition of reference to new standard CSA Z245.30 - Field applied coatings for steel pipe.
The standard is available for sale online, by calling toll free 1-800 463 6727, or via email. From the new interactive standard, to related standards, codes and products, CSA Group has a variety of options available.
About CSA Group
CSA Group is an independent, not-for-profit membership association dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. Its knowledge and expertise encompass standards development; training and advisory solutions; global testing and certification services across key business areas including hazardous location and industrial, transportation, plumbing and construction, medical, safety and technology, appliances and gas, alternative energy, lighting and sustainability; as well as consumer product evaluation services. The CSA certification mark appears on billions of products worldwide. For more information about CSA Group visit www.csagroup.org.
SOURCE Canadian Standards Association
For further information: Media Contact: Allison Hawkins, Manager, Corporate Affairs, 416-747-2615, [email protected]