VANCOUVER, Dec. 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Building on its already expansive digital footprint, today Sport Chek (@SportChek) shared details about its new 48,000 square foot flagship store in Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby, British Columbia. As the second Sport Chek flagship store to open in Canada, the new location provides shoppers with access to world-class digital technology, an unparalleled assortment of products and brands, and a personalized experience that connects shoppers to the sports they love.
"Sport Chek is the established authority in sports and now we're leading the industry in digitizing and revolutionizing the shopping experience in-store by bringing more first time innovations to Canada," said Chad McKinnon, Chief Operating Officer, FGL Sports. "Our newest flagship store in Burnaby is a stadium of sport, a place where our Sport Chek advisors connect with customers through a shared passion for sport and activity."
The new Burnaby location in Metropolis at Metrotown brings digital technology to the forefront through more than 190 individual screens, 60 tablets and nearly 100 computers.
Other next generation features include:
- A two-storey, 23 foot LED monolith made up of 540 individual panels
- A custom-built Vancouver Canucks broadcast studio for team interviews and in-store appearances
- Eight large-scale digital showcase fixtures with dual-screens to display and elevate premium products
- A new Community Centre Desk which will act as the neighbourhood sports hub, connecting activity enthusiasts with local clubs, teams, events and practices
- A prominent digital window installation visible from Metrotown's high traffic atrium court
- Interactive and gesture enabled video walls in the flagship's expansive winter sport and golf shops
- Over 150 passionate sport and active lifestyle advisors will use digital installations, interactive technology and product displays to provide personalized service to shoppers.
The new location continues the momentum that began with the landmark launch of the retailer's award winning Yonge Street store in Toronto, followed by West Edmonton Mall location earlier this year – a store which is already being touted internationally as the one of the most digitally advanced retail environments in North America.
On December 4, Sport Chek's Burnaby flagship location will officially open its doors to the public with exclusive grand opening sales and offers. Click here to take a video tour of the store.
About FGL Sports
FGL Sports Ltd. is Canada's largest national retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand-name and private-brand products and operating more than 400 stores from coast to coast, under the following corporate and franchise banners: Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Atmosphere, National Sports, Intersport, Nevada Bob's Golf, Hockey Experts, the Tech Shop, Pro-Hockey Life and S3. FGL Sports also has websites for several of its corporate and franchise banners which can be accessed through its main website at www.FGLSports.com.
Video with caption: "Video: Burnaby Store Opening - Sport Chek". Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-fwzblQfB4&feature=youtu.be
SOURCE: FGL Sports Ltd.