OTTAWA, June 11, 2015 /CNW/ - The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) today announced easy online access for Canadians to provide input into the development of international standards. By participating, Canadians gain insight into the latest business and technical developments and play a role in supporting key sectors of the economy. Comments submitted are provided to the Canadian committee responsible for developing Canada's official position on the proposed standard.
By participating, Canadians will:
- Play a role in the development of standards that affect them or their business;
- Acquire information on emerging trends and changing business practices that may impact them;
- Ensure that the standards development process reflects the quality, safety and efficiency of their products and services;
- Help advance Canada's economic growth and innovation, as well as the health and well-being of Canadians.
Draft standards are available for the following sectors:
- Agriculture and food technology
- Electronics, information technology and telecommunications
- Engineering technologies
- Generalities, infrastructures and sciences
- Health, safety and environment
- Materials technology
- Special technologies
- Transport and distribution of goods
Register at www.scc.ca/en/connect and request membership to "Draft International Standards Open for Public Review"or any of the sector groups to participate.
- SCC represents Canada's interest in the development of international standards as a member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Canadian experts develop Canada's national position through consensus. The Canadian position is then presented to ISO or IEC.
- To learn more about how Canada's national positions on international standards are developed visit www.scc.ca
"Canada's prosperity relies on the efforts of experts who ensure Canadian perspectives are voiced internationally," said SCC CEO John Walter. "With SCC's support, Canadians can more easily play a role in international standardization, ensuring that programs and services reflect the needs and interests of Canadians."
About the Standards Council of Canada
SCC, a Crown corporation and part of the Industry Canada portfolio, leads and facilitates the development and use of national and international standards and accreditation services, in order to enhance Canada's competitiveness and well-being. For additional information visit www.scc.ca.
SOURCE Standards Council of Canada
For further information: Media contacts: Christine LaRocque, Manager, Communications, Standards Council of Canada, +1 613 238 3222 ext. 462, [email protected]