- Wiser Energy™ System from Schneider Electric offers real-time monitoring that enables homeowners to maximize electrical savings and return on solar investments
- User interface provides clear, easy-to-understand notifications and tracking of home appliances to help homeowners be more informed and secure
- Step-by-step instructions allow for easy installation
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 13, 2018 /CNW/ - Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the launch of its Wiser Energy™ System, an integrated monitoring system for residential homes that provides insights into activity and energy use. Through a new partnership with Sense, whose intelligent home energy technology interprets the power usage and activity of devices in the home, Wiser Energy provides real-time, easy-to-understand and actionable data to help homeowners make their homes greener, more efficient and wiser.
In using the Square D edition of the Sense App, Wiser Energy's user-friendly digital app interface provides homeowners with the knowledge they need to keep their homes safe and efficient. The solution offers easy-to-interpret, real-time access to energy usage and data in the home, accessible through a connected application so the information can be viewed from anywhere. The data and visibility enable homeowners to take control of their energy usage, improve efficiency and maximize savings.
"With energy costs in Canada steadily rising, and with global concerns about climate change, homeowners want to have more insight into and control over their energy use," says Adrian Thomas, VP, Buildings, Schneider Electric Canada. "Our Wiser Energy system gives homeowners real-time access to their energy consumption, letting them make wiser decisions about how they can be more efficient at home, saving them money and improving sustainability."
Smart home activation and optimization made easy
Wiser Energy extends the power of the smart home so that homeowners can:
- Give their home a voice: Homeowners can track the activities of individual devices in the home and set custom alerts to notify them when something turns on/off, or if anything unusual is happening.
- Enable aging in place: Simplify daily, independent life for an aging population while providing peace of mind to loved ones and caretakers that electrical systems and appliances are working safely.
- Optimize solar installations: Homeowners adding solar panels can rest assured they're maximizing the return on their investments with real-time solar monitoring capabilities and analysis.
Wiser Energy will soon be available through Schneider Electric distributors, online and at local retailers. It is easy to install in any home's electrical panel with simple step-by-step instructions.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Hashtags: #IoT #WiserEnergy #LifeIsOn #SchneiderElectric
SOURCE Schneider Electric
For further information: Press Contact: Edelman for Schneider Electric, Rachel Lehman, Phone: 416-849-8915, [email protected]