WORLD'S TOP MOTORCYCLE BRANDS GATHER IN TORONTO FEBRUARY 21-23 TO SHOWCASE THEIR 2014 MODELS AND CELEBRATE THE MOTORCYCLE LIFESTYLE
TORONTO, Jan. 31, 2014 /CNW/ - In less than a month, Toronto will be center-stage for Canada's motorcycle industry as the world's top brands showcase their newest products to enthusiasts at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place during the Motorcycle Show-Toronto, February 21-23.
This Show is Ontario's biggest motorcycle manufacturers' event of the year, and much like its four-wheeled automotive equivalent, this will be the first opportunity for bike fans to see the new 2014 motorcycle, ATV, side-by-side and scooter models that will be on sale at dealerships when the spring riding season rolls around.
In addition to the 400+ bikes on display, there's a wide-range of new and exciting features, plus the latest in apparel, accessories and touring destinations, all under one roof in a space equal to three-and-a-half football fields.
The new features include:
- The Castrol Rocket - Toronto will be the only Canadian appearance (and, along with New York City, is one of only two North American stops) for the world's most technologically-advanced streamlined motorcycle. This 25-foot long, 1,000-horsepower Triumph motorcycle, along with pilot Jason DiSalvo (who will also be at the Toronto Show), will attempt to break the world motorcycle land speed record later this year or next.
- Team Empire Freestyle Stunt Team - making their first Ontario appearance, American stunt stars Nick "Apex" Brocha and Ernie "EDub" Vigil travel the world showcasing their motorcycle stunt-riding prowess before live audiences. They have also built a large online following, where their popular chase adventure videos have totaled 100 million YouTube hits.
- Ontario Provincial Police Golden Helmets - The OPP's Motorcycle Precision Team, who marked their 50th anniversary last year, will perform exhibitions of their superb riding skills.
- Yamaha's "How To" Demos - Clinton Smout, one of the country's leading motorcycle training experts, will demonstrate to riders how to safely navigate challenges like riding over obstacles and gravel roads.
- David Hatch's Motorcycle Experience - North America's longest running motorcycle television show celebrates its 25th anniversary on-air. Meet host David Hatch as he shares his passion for the sport and provides tips on gear, destinations and more.
These new features join a line-up of popular returning features for the 27th edition of the Toronto Show:
- She Rides Nite takes place on the Show's opening night (Friday, February 21). It's an evening of celebration for women who ride and those considering the sport. In addition to guest speakers and special draws, ladies will get half-price admission to the Show after 5 pm. Free parking is available to all Friday night after 5 pm.
- Yamaha Riding Academy For Kids introduces children, aged 6-12, to the wonderful world of riding, with hands-on instruction and riding gear provided.
- Trials Demos With Jordan Szoke features the 19-time Superbike and Trials champion showing his motorcycle mastery as he navigates obstacles like cars, narrow ramps and the occasional jump over a trusting person.
- Ontario Tourism & Partners. Ontario is home to some of the best on and off-road riding routes in the world. Ontario Tourism, along with their partners, will have staff, videos and materials on hand for riders to plan their next get-away, including the 2014 edition of the popular "Top Ten" Ontario riding routes.
- The Race Cafe is a gathering point for show-goers to rest their feet, enjoy a meal or refreshment and take-in the seminars, guest appearances and motorcycle videos on the main stage.
Produced by Power Sport Services, the Motorcycle Show-Toronto boasts an impressive line-up of manufacturers and their corporate displays, including Aprilia, Arctic Cat, BMW Motorrad, Can-Am BRP, Deeley Harley-Davidson, Ducati, Honda, Husaberg, Husqvarna, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Norton, Piaggio, Polaris, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Vespa, Victory and Yamaha.
Show hours are:
|Friday, February 21||12:00 pm - 10:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, February 22||10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, February 23||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
For Show ticket prices and info, visit www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca. Special discounted advance tickets are now on sale through the website's online box office.
Image with caption: "The Castrol Rocket land speed world record challenger will make its only Canadian appearance at the Motorcycle Show-Toronto, February 21-23, at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place. The Rocket is one of several new features at the 27th edition of this annual manufacturers' new model showcase. (CNW Group/The Motorcycle Show-Toronto)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140131_C6669_PHOTO_EN_36080.jpg
SOURCE: The Motorcycle Show-Toronto
For further information:
Accelerate Marketing & Communications
(905) 554-9491 (office)
(416) 312-9491 (mobile)
Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council /
Power Sport Services
(416) 491-4449 (office)