TORONTO, Aug. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - Starting September 1, GO Transit will be adjusting some schedules and increasing service on some routes. In order to operate an efficient transit system across the region and meet changing demand, GO continually monitors its services and make modifications accordingly.
The service changes include:
31 - Georgetown GO Bus
- Some trip times have been adjusted within five minutes to reflect actual travel times, including some earlier departures.
- Several trips have been extended to serve more stops in Guelph, Acton, Georgetown and Brampton, stop times may be adjusted.
- The westbound weekday trip from Union Station at 9:30 a.m. will now complete its journey at Georgetown GO; this trip will no longer serve the stop at Main/James.
33 - Guelph/North York GO Bus
- The weekday eastbound trip from Georgetown at 1:45 p.m. has been extended and will now start from University of Guelph at 12:45, serving Guelph Central GO, Rockwood and Acton. Some stop times may be adjusted.
- The weekday westbound trip from York Mills GO at 6:45 a.m. has been extended to serve Mount Pleasant GO, Georgetown, Acton, Rockwood, Guelph Central and University of Guelph. Some stop times along the route have been adjusted.
- The weekday eastbound trip from University of Guelph at 5:10 p.m. will now leave 30 minutes earlier at 4:40. All stop times along the route have been adjusted.
- A new weekday westbound trip from Brampton GO at 6:20 a.m. will serve Mount Pleasant GO, Norval, Georgetown Market, Acton, Rockwood and Guelph Central GO, arriving at University of Guelph at 7:50.
- Some trips now require passengers to request stops at University of Guelph and Guelph Central GO Station. These trips are indicated by a 'D' on the schedule.
36 - Brampton/ North York Express
- Some weekday trips will now operate express between Bramalea GO and Yorkdale GO Terminal, no longer serving the stop at Finch/Darcel. Stop times along the route have been adjusted, including earlier departures of five or 10 minutes.
- The weekday westbound trip from Brampton GO at 7:45 a.m. will now start from Bramalea Transit Terminal at 8:00 and run express between Bramalea GO to Yorkdale; this trip will no longer serve Brampton GO and Finch/Darcel.
- Two weekday westbound trips from York Mills will now leave five minutes earlier. Stop times along the route will be adjusted.
- A new weekday westbound trip from York Mills at 6:00 p.m. will serve Yorkdale, running express to Bramalea GO, arriving at Bramalea Transit Terminal at 6:55.
For specific schedule information, please visit gotransit.com/schedules, or call 1.888.GET ON GO (438.6646) or 1.800.387.3652 TTY.
As part of our Passenger Charter, we will do our best to keep you in the know, visit us at gotransit.com/promise/.
GO Transit is Metrolinx's inter-regional public transit system linking Toronto with the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area. GO carries about 62 million passengers a year in an extensive network of train and bus services that spans more than 10,000 square kilometres.
Metrolinx is an agency of the Province of Ontario.
Follow GO on Twitter and Facebook.
Disponible en français
SOURCE: GO Transit
For further information:
Media enquiries - Malon Edwards, (416) 874-5945 or Mark Ostler, (416) 874-5974.