Need a Source? Make smarter, savvier decisions ahead of RRSP deadline
Feb 15, 2012, 13:22 ET
Get the scoop from the CEO of ING DIRECT
TORONTO, Feb. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - With the RRSP deadline quickly approaching, many Canadians will still find themselves in limbo on how to save their money for retirement. Unfortunately, some will rush to meet the RRSP deadline and later question whether they've invested in the right products. Now more than ever, it's important for Canadians to take more control of their investments and make smarter decisions for their future financial wellbeing.
Peter Aceto, President and CEO of ING DIRECT Canada, is available to comment on:
- Three key things Canadians should do to maximize retirement savings at any age
- Best retirement investment products to suit your financial needs
- The financial benefits of regular, automatic RRSP contributions
A recent survey* by Angus Reid, commissioned by ING DIRECT revealed:
- Retirement isn't even on the radar for 31% of Canadians, when thinking about personal finances - this number is even higher among young Canadians (39% for those aged 25-34 and 56% for 18-24 year olds)
- Mutual funds (57%), TFSAs (30%) and GICs (25%) round out the top three product categories where Canadians have invested their RSPs or retirement funds
- 21% of those who have a RSP are contributing between $1001-$2500 each year while 16% are putting away between $501-$1000
ING DIRECT is Canada's leading direct bank with over 1.8 million Clients and more than $37.6 billion in total assets. ING DIRECT gives the power of saving to all Canadians by offering high-value, simple products such as high interest Savings Accounts with no fees or service charges, low rates on mortgages and a no-fee daily Chequing Account that actually pays interest. Low cost, index based mutual funds are sold through ING DIRECT Funds Limited. ING DIRECT has been operating in Canada since 1997 and paid more than $5 billion in interest to Clients. ING DIRECT is open for banking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at ingdirect.ca, on mobile devices at m.ingdirect.ca or by calling 1-800 ING DIRECT (1-800-464-3743).
Follow Peter Aceto on Twitter at: Twitter.com/CEO_INGDIRECT
And find ING DIRECT at: Facebook.com/SuperStarSaver; Twitter.com/SuperStarSaver; YouTube.com/SuperStarSaver
*From December 21-28, 2011, an online survey was conducted among a sample of 2,002 Canadian adults who are Angus Reid Forum panel members. The margin of error — which measures sampling variability — is +/- 2.19%, 19 times out of 20. The sample was balanced by age, gender and region according to the most recent census data. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.
For further information:
To arrange an interview or for more information, please contact:
Share this article