CALGARY, Aug. 20, 2014 /CNW/ - The National Energy Board (NEB or the Board) has received an application from Alliance Pipeline Ltd. to implement new services and related tolls and tariffs (New Services Offering) which would commence 1 December 2015.
In June 2014 the Board invited comments from interested persons on the application. Having considered the comments received, the Board has decided to hold a public hearing to consider the merits of the application.
The Board has identified a number of issues for consideration during the hearing, including:
- The appropriateness of the proposed toll and surcharge methodologies for service under the New Services Offering.
- The impact of the New Services Offering on customers with existing contracts.
- The effectiveness of the New Services Offering in supporting a safe and economically viable pipeline.
Those who wish to participate in the NEB's hearing must apply to participate. Those who are sufficiently impacted by the application will be allowed to participate in the hearing. As well, those whose participation will assist the Board in making its decision may also have the opportunity to participate.
Applications to participate will be accepted through the NEB website between 02 September 2014 and 15 September 2014.
The National Energy Board is an independent federal regulator of several parts of Canada's energy industry with the safety of Canadians and protection of the environment as its top priority. Its purpose is to regulate pipelines, energy development and trade in the Canadian public interest. For more information on the NEB and its mandate, please visit www.neb-one.gc.ca.
- Application for approval of new services and related tolls and tariffs for service on the Alliance Pipeline [Folder 2470923]
- Hearing Order RH-002-2014 [Filing A62329]
SOURCE: National Energy Board
For further information: For media enquiries: Katherine Murphy, Communications Officer, National Energy Board, E- mail: [email protected], Telephone: 587-538-2120, Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265, Facsimile: 403-292-5503, Facsimile (toll free): 1-877-288-8803, TTY (Teletype): 1-800-632-1663