Investment projects valued at nearly $17.5M in the Laurentides region
BLAINVILLE, QC, April 15, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
The governments of Quebec and Canada and Investissement Québec have awarded a total of $8,450,000 in financial assistance to APG Neuros and DCM Group to support the completion of projects representing investments worth $17,450,000.
The announcement was made today by Mario Laframboise, MNA for Blainville, acting on behalf of Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of Economy and Innovation and Minister Responsible for the Lanaudière Region; and Ramez Ayoub, Member of Parliament for Thérèse-De Blainville, acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED).
Through the Créativité Québec program, the Government of Quebec has awarded a $1,450,000 loan to APG Neuros to support the design and development of a natural gas‑powered air turbine for wastewater treatment. Investissement Québec has also extended a $2 million loan to the company from its own funds to support this project.
The Government of Canada has provided APG Neuros with a repayable contribution of $650,000 under the Regional Economic Growth through Innovation program, in order to improve its competitiveness through the implementation of a marketing and export strategy. The strategy involves developing and acquiring two prototypes, participating in trade fairs and carrying out international prospecting missions.
All of APG Neuros' projects represent a total investment of $12.5 million and will create 15 jobs over a three-year period.
Through the ESSOR program, the Government of Quebec has awarded a $3,650,000 loan to DCM Group to support the acquisition of digital production equipment and implement a resource management system (ERP).
The Government of Canada has provided the company with $700,000 in repayable financial assistance through the Quebec Economic Development Program. DCM Group will be able to increase its competitiveness by acquiring digital production equipment.
DCM Group's project represents an investment of $4,950,000 and will create about fifty jobs.
"APG Neuros and DCM Group are among the manufacturing companies in the constituency of Blainville that are known for their expertise and ability to innovate. Therefore, it is with great enthusiasm that we are contributing today to the success of their initiatives, which will enhance the economic vitality of the Laurentides region and Quebec as a whole."
Mario Laframboise, MNA for Blainville
"To increase their productivity and remain internationally competitive, companies must focus on innovation, exports and new digital technologies. APG Neuros and DCM Group have clearly understood this. That is why the Government of Quebec is proud to support them in completing their investment projects, which will no doubt help them take advantage of more business opportunities in Quebec and abroad."
Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of Economy and Innovation and Minister Responsible for the Lanaudière Region
"By helping businesses invest in equipment and devices that will improve their performance and in marketing strategies that will assist their entry into new markets, the Government of Canada is standing by its commitments to drive expansion, innovation and exports."
Ramez Ayoub, Member of Parliament for Thérèse-De Blainville
"Our government is empowering Canadians to become more competitive and prosper in the global economy. The investments announced today in APG Neuros' and DCM Group's projects are consistent with Canada's competitive advantages through the use of digital technologies and will stimulate economic growth. They will also create good jobs for middle-class Canadians."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED
"Investissement Québec is proud to support APG Neuros in this important stage of its development. Owing to its expertise and enviable reputation in the high-efficiency turbo blower sector, we are convinced that the company will be able to continue to compete and grow rapidly in the coming years."
Pierre Gabriel Côté, President and CEO, Investissement Québec
- APG Neuros specializes in the design, manufacture and marketing of technologies for wastewater treatment.
- DCM Group is a provider of integrated solutions and products for the aerospace industry.
- The Créativité Québec program, which has been renamed the Programme innovation (site in French only), supports businesses in carrying out the steps required to develop or improve products or processes. It also aims to encourage a culture of innovation in Quebec and to foster partnerships between universities, research centres and businesses.
- The ESSOR program (site in French only) supports investment projects carried out in Quebec, with a view to enhancing competitiveness and productivity, creating jobs and ensuring sustainable development.
- CED's Regional Economic Development through Innovation program targets entrepreneurs who leverage innovation to grow their businesses and make them more competitive, as well as regional economic stakeholders who help create an entrepreneurial environment conducive to innovation and inclusive growth in all regions.
- CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- For 50 years now, the Government of Canada has been actively participating in regional economic development in Quebec: half a century of concrete action dedicated to the development of the regions and local businesses.
- To receive real-time news releases from the ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation, subscribe to the appropriate RSS news feed at www.economie.gouv.qc.ca/rss (site in French only).
- For more information on CED and its priorities, consult the 2018-2019 Departmental Plan or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
- Follow the Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Follow CED on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
For further information: Contacts : Catherine Dubeau, Political Attaché, Constituency Office of the MNA for Blainville, Tel.: 450-430-8086, Cell: 514-467-5244; Mathieu St-Amand, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Economy and Innovation and Minister Responsible for the Lanaudière Region, Tel.: 418-691-5650; Information: Jean-Pierre D'Auteuil, Media Relations Officer, Communications Directorate, Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation, Tel.: 418-691-5698, extension 4868, Cell: 418-559-0710; Isabelle Fontaine, Senior Director of Public and Government Affairs, Investissement Québec, Tel.: 514-876-9359; Media Relations, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, Tel.: 514-283-7443, Email: [email protected]