Emerald Club Members Can Earn Free Rental Days* Faster Through Upgraded Mobile App, Global Travel
TORONTO, Aug. 23, 2018 /CNW/ - National Car Rental, the award-winning car rental brand for frequent travellers, today launches its annual "Rent Rent Reward" promotion to Canadians. Through its award-winning Emerald Club, National offers registered members the opportunity to earn one free rental day* for every two qualifying rentals during the promotion. Each free rental day covers base rate (time and mileage) only. To help members earn free days faster, this year's promotion offers additional promotional points to members who utilize National's newly-updated mobile app to expedite their rental process with Emerald Checkout℠, which allows renters to scan any vehicle on National's Emerald Aisle, confirm their rental options and accelerate their checkout using a Virtual Pass. The "Rent Rent Reward" promotion begins today and points can be accumulated until February 28, 2019, and redeemed until June 13, 2019.
As a premium brand serving travellers around the world, National has also expanded this year's promotion to include Australia and New Zealand, while adding new promotional bonus point earning opportunities to registered members who become "world travellers" by completing rentals in three different countries.
"At National, we appreciate our customers' continued support and loyalty and strive to show our gratitude by providing a superior rental experience to travellers around the world," said Rob Connors, vice president of brand marketing for National. "Through our annual 'Rent Rent Reward' promotion, we are able to take our appreciation one-step further by providing new and existing Emerald Club members an opportunity to earn more free rental days."
Register Now to Earn Points
Emerald Club members can register for the promotion at www.emeraldclubpromos.com/rentrentreward2018. Free days earned for qualifying rentals through the "Rent Rent Reward" promotion are awarded in addition to a member's chosen rewards earnings (frequent traveller miles/points or rental credits).
Once registered, Emerald Club members earn 300 points for each qualifying rental and receive one free rental day for every 600 points accrued through the promotion period. As part of the promotion, additional bonus points can be accumulated through other opportunities, such as:
- Using National's mobile app to book rentals while earning unlimited points (75 points per completed rental).
- Utilizing the Emerald Reserve service – which accommodates members who require a specific car class, such as a convertible, SUV, minivan, etc. – at participating Emerald Aisle locations in the U.S. and Canada (one-time bonus of 25 points upon completion of a rental).
- Renting any size vehicle in Latin America (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion of a rental).
- Renting any size vehicle in Europe (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion of a rental).
- Completing any five bonus opportunities available through "Rent Rent Reward" (one-time bonus of 75 points upon completion of fifth bonus opportunity).
New this year, members can earn even more points by:
- Adding SiriusXM Satellite Radio service to their rental (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion of rental).
- Renting a vehicle in three different countries, including their country of residence (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion).
- Completing a rental using Emerald CheckoutSM – which gives members even more control of their rental selection and an accelerated exit process – at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada (bonus of 50 points with each completion).
New customers can join National's Emerald Club at www.emeraldclubpromos.com/rentrentreward2018 in order to be automatically registered for the promotion. There are no fees to join, and members enjoy expedited service at airports and free upgrades in National's "Emerald Aisle," an exclusive section of the lot where members can select any vehicle as long as they reserve a midsize car. Members can also use the innovative National app as a single point of contact to manage all aspects of the rental experience from reservation to return. Everything from profiles to rewards can be tracked, and at select airport locations, app users can view real-time inventory and hold a specific vehicle while they are on their way to pick it up.
Redeeming Free Rentals
Registered Emerald Club members may track and redeem the free rental days they earn through "Rent Rent Reward" between today and June 13, 2019, by visiting www.emeraldclubpromos.com/rentrentreward2018. Up to three free days can be redeemed per rental at any time, including weekends. In the spirit of the speed and convenience of the Emerald Club rental experience, the serialized coupon code for the Free Rental Day coupon can be found on "My Activity" page within 48 hours of earning a free day. The Free Rental Day coupon is valid on compact through full-sized vehicles in all promotion regions.
* Free day covers base rate (time and mileage) only but does not apply to taxes, license recoupment/air tax recovery, concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, one-way rental charge, additional driver fee, or optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter. Qualifying rental is a paid rental via Emerald Club® of a midsize or larger vehicle for two or more consecutive days. Go to https://promos.emeraldclub.com/rentrentreward2018/?t=1 for additional terms and conditions.
About National Car Rental
Founded in 1947, National Car Rental is a premium, internationally recognized brand serving the daily rental needs of the frequent airport traveller throughout the world. With National, time-sensitive customers in the North America are able to quickly choose their own vehicles, based upon their advance reservation and requested car class, and then simply drive away from the airport. National – which launched the car rental industry's first comprehensive frequent-renter program – further expedites the rental process for Emerald Club members by offering counter bypass as well as access to National's "Emerald Aisle," an exclusive section of the lot where members can select any vehicle as long as they reserve a midsize car. St. Louis-based Enterprise Holdings, through its regional subsidiaries, operates the National Car Rental, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Alamo Rent A Car brands. For more information about National, visit www.nationalcar.ca or www.facebook.com/NationalCarRental and follow @NationalPro on Twitter.
SOURCE National Car Rental
For further information: Meghan Baker, National Car Rental, Meghan.M.Baker@ehi.com; Shirven Rezvany, Argyle Public Relationships, 416-968-7311, email@example.com