TORONTO, June 8 /CNW/ - PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and BMO Financial Group will host the 25th Annual National Business Book Award, one of Canada's most prestigious literary awards, on Wednesday June 9, 2010 at the Four Seasons Hotel, 21 Avenue Road, Toronto. The award recognizes authors of outstanding business writing.
The winner of the $20,000 prize will be announced at the award presentation from a list of finalists selected by the National Business Book Award jury.
This year's finalists are:
- John DeMont, Coal Black Heart: The Story of Coal and the Lives it
Ruled, published by Doubleday Canada.
- Wendy Dobson, Gravity Shift: How Asia's New Economic Powerhouses Will
Shape the Twenty-First Century, published by University of Toronto
- Buzz Hargrove, Laying It on the Line: Driving a Hard Bargain in
Challenging Times, published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
- Rod McQueen, Manulife: How Dominic D'Alessandro Built a Global Giant
and Fought to Save It, published by Penguin Group (Canada).
- Jeff Rubin, Why Your World is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller: Oil
and the End of Globalization, published by Random House Canada.
WHAT: 25th Annual National Business Book Award
Hosted by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and BMO Financial Group
WHEN: Wednesday June 9, 2010
Reception and lunch 12:00 p.m.
Award presentation 1:15 - 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Regency Ballroom
Four Seasons Hotel
21 Avenue Road, Toronto
SOURCE National Business Book Award
For further information: For further information: Mary Ann Freedman, Freedman & Associates Inc. for National Business Book Award, Tel: (416) 868-1500, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.nbbaward.com