MONTREAL, July 8, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - National Bank is pleased to announce the winners of the Women in Financial Markets Internship Program for 2019. At a reception given in their honour, Denis Girouard and Laurent Ferreira, Executive Vice-Presidents and Co-Heads – Financial Markets, with members of their team, presented each of them with a $5,000 prize. The six winners also received offers to start their careers in National Bank's Financial Markets sector.
- This year's winners are enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at a Canadian university:
- Alysaa Co, Honors Business Administration, Ivey Business School, Western University
- Véronique Dagenais, Master of Applied Financial Economics, HEC Montréal
- Melissa Khirdine, Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), HEC Montréal
- Koralie Levac-Séguin, Master of Finance, HEC Montréal
- Shivani Pradhan, Honors Business Administration, Ivey Business School, Western University
- Jordan Shema, Master of Financial Economics, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- National Bank's program derives its strength from the career opportunities it offers winners in its organization as well as a mentorship program.
- For many years, National Bank has been rolling out a wide range of measures to increase the representation of women throughout the organization.
"National Bank promotes the professional growth and development of women in its organization in many ways. We're proud to offer this unique program in the Canadian banking industry and to recognize the talent of our winners by taking concrete actions which, we hope, will have a positive impact on their careers. I'd like to welcome them to the world of financial markets!" stated Denis Girouard, Executive Vice President and Co-Head – Financial Markets at National Bank.
"For the past 10 years, we've been giving talented young women the opportunity to start their careers off on the right foot. Our goal is to nurture their passion and support them in this pivotal moment in their professional lives. In fact, many past years' winners are still with us today!" added Laurent Ferreira, Executive Vice President and Co-Head – Financial Markets at National Bank.
About National Bank of Canada
With $269 billion in assets as at April 30, 2019, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups. It has more than 24,000 employees in knowledge-intensive positions and has been recognized numerous times as a top employer and for its commitment to diversity. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank's activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
SOURCE National Bank of Canada
For further information: Stéphanie Rousseau, Senior Advisor - Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility, [email protected], National Bank of Canada, Tel.: 514-394-5684