Morega Enables CE Vendors and Pay TV Operators to Develop Unique Applications
That Extend Premium Video Content to Tablets, Smartphones and PCs
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2012 /CNW/ - 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show — Morega Systems, Inc., a developer of content portability solutions, today announced the immediate availability of its secure DTCP-IP software development kits (SDKs) for embedded Linux platforms and media players on the latest popular mobile operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows and Macintosh. Morega will demonstrate its digital transmission content protection (DTCP) technology solutions at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nev. from Jan. 10-13.
Today's consumers increasingly want more options for viewing protected video content beyond the TV. Morega's secure DTCP-IP SDKs now enable consumer electronics vendors, multimedia networking application developers, content service providers and content owners to develop state-of-the-art TV Everywhere applications, customized with their own branding, that allow subscribers to enjoy their favorite digital entertainment content whenever and wherever they want - whether on a tablet, smartphone, or personal computer (PC).
Potential TV Everywhere applications and scenarios include:
- Viewers can simultaneously watch one program on their TV screen and another on their tablet, with the option to switch programming between the screens.
- Consumers can transfer protected video to their mobile devices from set-top boxes (STBs) or media gateways for viewing anywhere, anytime, even off-line on a subway or in an automobile.
- Consumers can stream or download video from their multi-room digital video recorders (DVRs) to tablets, smartphones, or PCs.
"We are extremely proud that Morega Systems is the first company to offer a secure, hardened and renewable content protection technology solution that enables both CE vendors and pay TV operators to develop applications that empower their subscribers to navigate, discover and select content on a mobile device of their own choosing," said Philip Poulidis, president and CEO of Morega Systems. "Our customers can rapidly and cost-effectively bring to market high-value applications with their own look and feel, strongly differentiate their service offerings, and create a competitive advantage."
Morega's secure DTCP-IP Media Server SDK and DTCP-IP Media Player SDK enable:
- DTCP-IP enabled servers: Set-top box and multi-room DVR, PC, network attached storage (NAS), multi-services gateway, Smart TV.
- DTCP-IP enabled players: Smart TV, digital media adapter, PC, smartphone, tablet.
Morega DTCP-IP SDKs offer key features, including:
- Full DTCP-IP software implementation or hardware assistance.
- Copy control information support.
- Domain management with device authentication and remote key exchange.
- Content encryption and device binding for download/sideloading.
- CPRM output support.
- Morega digital rights management (DRM) and third-party DRM support.
- System renewability.
- Small footprint.
The Morega software follows the robustness guidelines defined by the Digital Transmission Licensing Authority (DTLA) and leverages Morega's device and platform authentication engine and back-end servers for domain management, certificate authority and key management. DTCP-IP is mandated for use by the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), and supported by CableLabs, for secure link layer protection of video within home networks. It is used extensively by multiple system operators (MSOs) for multi-room DVR implementations.
For embedded systems, Morega also provides a complete end-to-end system for secure key inject to manufacturers of consumer electronics products that require DTCP-IP or other encryption keys to be written into the One Time Programmable (OTP) memory of their system's chip.
# # #
About Morega Systems, Inc.
Morega Systems, Inc. (www.morega.com) is a provider of content portability solutions that give service providers and CE equipment manufacturers a better way to extend multimedia content beyond the television to any viewing device. Morega's unique approach to content delivery uses a sophisticated authentication, encryption and digital rights management system to protect copyrighted material and to allow users to view optimized, high-quality video either across a broadband network connection via adaptive bit rate streaming, or without a network connection via sideloading. Morega's unique analytics system also tracks when specific content is viewed on alternative devices, thus enabling TV Everywhere and the Connected Home while still preserving advertising revenue for content providers.
For further information: