WestJet adds dozens of new flights from Toronto Pearson to sun destinations
CALGARY, July 24, 2017 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced an additional 55 weekly non-stop flights this winter from Toronto Pearson International Airport to key domestic business destinations as well as popular sun spots in the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean. The service is part of the airline's seasonal schedule for the winter of 2017-18.
"WestJet will increase service from Toronto, our largest hub, by 55 weekly flights this winter," said Brian Znotins, WestJet Vice-President, Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development. "This additional service means business travellers will be able to take advantage of increased frequencies and more convenient schedules from Toronto to Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, while sun seekers will have more flights to choose from for their winter warmth than ever before."
Details of WestJet's increased service from Toronto:
- Toronto-Montreal, from 83 to 91 times weekly (14 times each business day).
- Toronto-Ottawa, from 77 to 85 times weekly (13 times each business day).
- Toronto-Vancouver, from 45 to 52 times weekly (eight times each business day).
- Toronto-Calgary, from 56 to 68 times weekly, more than any other carrier (10 times each business day).
- Toronto-Winnipeg, from 31 to 38 times weekly (six times each business day).
- Toronto-Kelowna, from five to seven times weekly.
- Toronto-Orlando, from 12 to 15 times weekly.
- Toronto-Fort Lauderdale, from 11 to 14 times weekly.
- Toronto-Cancun, from 11 to 15 times weekly.
- Toronto-Montego Bay, from 13 to 14 times weekly.
- Toronto-Nassau, from seven to nine times weekly.
- Toronto-Liberia, from four to five times weekly.
- Toronto-Antigua, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Punta Cana, from six to seven times weekly.
- Toronto-Puerto Plata, from five to six times weekly.
"Toronto Pearson is Canada's window to a world of opportunities, both at home and abroad," said Craig Bradbrook, Vice President of Aviation Services at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA). "WestJet and the GTAA are well aligned in our commitment to ensuring that passengers have more options when it comes to when and where they travel. Whether for work or play, increased WestJet service from Toronto Pearson to a variety of destinations this winter will enhance our offering to the passenger — a top priority across everything we do."
WestJet also announced the addition of dozens of new flights across Canada. The additional flights deliver optimized service for both the business and leisure traveller and give Canadians greater connectivity into and out of WestJet hubs in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, providing more flight frequency between key routes, better scheduling and greater access from smaller airports into the wider WestJet network.
"Bolstering our hub cities – the core of the WestJet network – is typical of the kind of difference we want to make for Canadian travellers," said Brian Znotins. "The addition of more than 125 flights into and out of Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto creates one-stop connections, faster travel times and better scheduling to address the demand Canadians have for travel that is convenient, stress-free and low cost."
Highlights of WestJet's 2017-18 winter schedule include:
- New non-stop weekly service from Calgary to Belize City, Belize.
- New non-stop weekly service from Edmonton and Vancouver to Huatulco.
- Service from both Regina and Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta will increase by one weekly flight for a total of twice weekly.
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Abbotsford and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Puerto Vallarta.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Kitchener, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Kelowna and Brandon.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Fort St. John, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
- Extension of existing summer service increases through the winter including three daily flights between Toronto and Moncton, six daily flights between Edmonton and Kelowna and 12 weekly flights between Calgary and Houston.
This winter WestJet will operate an average of 700 daily flights to 93 destinations including 37 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 33 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America and one in Europe.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet's 2017-18 winter schedule, please visit westjet.com/winterschedule.
We are proud to be Canada's most trusted airline and one of very few airlines globally that does not commercially overbook. Together with our regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships. WestJet Vacations offers affordable, flexible vacations to more than 60 destinations and the choice of more than 800 hotels, resorts, condos and villas. Members of the WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of WestJet flights and vacations packages on any day, at any time, to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods ̶ even on seat sales.
Recent recognition includes:
2017/2016 Canada's Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
2017 Best Airline in Canada and Travellers' Choice Winner Mid-Sized and Low Cost Airlines – North America (TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2016 Canada's most reputable company for Corporate Social Responsibility (Reputation Institute)
2016/2015/2014/2013/2012 Ranked top three for Canadian Brands (Canadian Business Magazine)
2016/2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
2015/2011/2010/2008/2007/2006/2005 Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture (Waterstone Human Capital)
2015 Best Employers in Canada (Aon Hewitt)
For further information: Media contact:To contact WestJet media relations, please email email@example.com.