TORONTO, Aug. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - Starting September 1, GO Transit is running an additional weekday afternoon train along the Stouffville line to Unionville GO Station and providing more seats on existing trips; some GO Bus service has also been adjusted.
In order to operate an efficient transit system across the region and meet changing demand, GO continually monitors its services and make modifications accordingly.
The service changes include:
71 - Stouffville GO Bus & Train
- Three morning trains will include two additional railcars, providing 320 more seats per trip. Two of these trains will be extended as of Sept 4; the third will take effect by Oct 8.
- A new weekday afternoon train from Union Station at 3:18 p.m. will make all stops to Unionville GO, arriving at 3:55.
- The weekday northbound bus trip from Union Station at 3:10 p.m. will now connect with the new train trip at Unionville GO at 3:58 and make all stops to Mount Joy GO; this bus trip will no longer serve Union Station. Some trip times along the route have been adjusted.
- The weekday northbound bus trip from Union Station at 3:15 p.m. will now connect with the new train trip at Unionville GO at 4:03, making all stops to Uxbridge; this trip will no longer serve Union Station. Some trip times along the route have been adjusted.
- The weekday northbound bus trip from Union Station at 3:00 will be discontinued. Passengers can take the new 3:15 train or the bus trip from Union Station at 2:45.
- A new weekday southbound bus trip from Unionville GO at 8:55 a.m. will run express to Union Station.
- The weekday southbound bus trip from Centennial GO at 8:40 a.m. will now run express to Union Station, no longer serving Unionville; the new bus trip from Unionville GO at 8:55 will accommodate passengers.
- A new weekday northbound bus trip from Union Station at 7:00 p.m. will arrive at Lincolnville GO at 8:00.
- A new weekday northbound bus trip from Union Station at 7:05 p.m. will arrive at Centennial GO at 7:50.
For specific schedule information, please visit gotransit.com/schedules, or call 1.888.GET ON GO (438.6646) or 1.800.387.3652 TTY.
As part of our Passenger Charter, we will do our best to keep you in the know, visit us at gotransit.com/promise/.
GO Transit is Metrolinx's inter-regional public transit system linking Toronto with the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area. GO carries about 62 million passengers a year in an extensive network of train and bus services that spans more than 10,000 square kilometres.
Metrolinx is an agency of the Province of Ontario.
Follow GO on Twitter and Facebook.
Disponible en français
SOURCE: GO Transit
For further information:
Media enquiries - Malon Edwards, (416) 874-5945 or Mark Ostler, (416) 874-5974.