Frequency increases to popular domestic, transborder and international destinations from airline's hubs in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto
Seasonal service to Paris and Nashville from Calgary resumes early in March 2020
CALGARY, July 22, 2019 /CNW/ - As part of its 2019/2020 seasonal winter schedule, today WestJet announced increased frequency and improved connectivity from its hubs to more destinations across its network.
WestJet's seasonal schedule for winter 2019/2020 features more flights from Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto to domestic, transborder, international and sun destinations and includes WestJet's seasonal service to both Paris and Nashville from Calgary, commencing earlier than past years on March 12 (Paris) and March 16 (Nashville). WestJet's popular daily summer seasonal service between Calgary and Portland (PDX) will also extend through winter.
"By executing on our hub strategy, we're improving schedules not only for guests in Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto, but also building thousands of new connections for guests across the country," said Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer. "This winter Canadians have more flights and better access to popular leisure and business destinations and will benefit from schedule improvements, frequency increases and improved connectivity across our growing global network."
For winter, WestJet's 787-9 Dreamliner will also fly between Calgary and Maui and as previously announced, the airline's new weekly non-stop service between Victoria International Airport (YYJ) and Los Cabos Mexico International Airport (SJD) begins November 5, 2019 and service between Calgary and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) commences on December 14, 2019.
Highlights of WestJet's 2019/2020 winter schedule include:
- Calgary-Halifax, from seven times weekly to 10 times weekly
- Calgary-London, Gatwick, from three times weekly to four times weekly flights
- Calgary-Fort Lauderdale, from once weekly to twice weekly
- Calgary-Honolulu, from two times weekly to three times weekly
- Calgary-Varadero, from once weekly to twice weekly
- Calgary-Paris, seasonal service beginning March 12, 2020
- Calgary-Nashville, seasonal service beginning March 16, 2020
- Calgary-Portland, extension of daily summer route through winter
- Calgary-Maui, 787 Dreamliner service
- Vancouver-Winnipeg, from 13 times weekly to two daily flights
- Vancouver-Orange County, from six times weekly to daily
- Vancouver-San Jose del Cabo, from five times weekly to daily
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta, from eight times weekly to nine times weekly
- Vancouver-Huatulco, from once weekly to twice weekly
- Vancouver-Cancun, from seven times weekly to nine times weekly
- Toronto-Fort Myers, from 10 times weekly to 11 times weekly
- Toronto-Aruba, from twice weekly to three times weekly
- Toronto-Kingston, from three times weekly to four times weekly
- Toronto-London, Gatwick, daily service offered on WestJet's 787 Dreamliner
- Ottawa-Fort Myers, from once weekly to twice weekly
- Edmonton-Saskatoon, from 18 times weekly to 23 times weekly
- Victoria- San Jose Del Cabo, new weekly service beginning November 5, 2019
- Calgary-Punta Cana, new weekly service beginning December 14, 2019
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet's 2019/2020 winter schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships. WestJet Vacations offers affordable, flexible vacations to more than 60 destinations and the choice of more than 800 hotels, resorts, condos and villas. Members of the WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of flights and vacations packages to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods, and have access to Member Exclusive fares offering deals to WestJet destinations throughout our network and those of our partner airlines.
WestJet is proud to be recognized for three consecutive years as Best Airline in Canada (2017-19) and awarded among travellers' favourite Mid-Sized Airlines in North America (2019). From 2017-2018, WestJet was also awarded among travellers' favourite Mid-Sized and Low-Cost Airlines in North America. The airline was also recognized among the Economy Class winners in North America, 2018. All awards are based on authentic reviews from the travelling public on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site. We are one of very few airlines globally that does not commercially overbook.
Recent recognition includes:
2019/2018/2017 Best Airline in Canada (TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2019 Winner Among Mid-Sized Airlines in North America (TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2019 Number-One Ranked Canadian Airline Loyalty Program in Member Engagement (Bond Brand Loyalty)
2019/2018 Number-One-Ranked Airline Credit Card in Canada (Rewards Canada)
2018/2017 Winner Among Mid-Sized and Low Cost Airlines – North America (TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2018 Winner – Economy, North America (TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2018 North America's Best Low-Cost Airline (Skytrax)
2018/2017/2016 Canada's Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
Connect with WestJet on Facebook at facebook.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Twitter at twitter.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Instagram instagram.com/westjet/
Subscribe to WestJet on YouTube at youtube.com/westjet
Read the WestJet blog at blog.westjet.com
SOURCE WESTJET, an Alberta Partnership
For further information: Media contacts: To contact WestJet media relations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.