MONTREAL, May 3, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - April 26 at Montreal City Hall, 18 young Montreal entrepreneurs were formally welcomed to the ranks of Montréal inc. by the Fondation du maire : le Montréal inc. de demain in the presence of the Mayor, Mr. Gérald Tremblay, Mr. Andrew Molson, Chairman of the Board of the Foundation and 150 distinguished guests representing the largest businesses in Québec. The purpose of this biannual event organized by the Foundation is to introduce its new grant recipients, businesses that are being supported by the Foundation with investments totalling $210,000 in start-up grants.
As stated by Mr. Tremblay, "It's always a renewed pleasure to welcome these young entrepreneurs who have chosen to launch their business in Montreal. Several of them have already made their mark in the business community over the last months. In this sense, the Foundation is proud to promote the economic growth of Montreal by investing in these entrepreneurs, all as promising as their peers".
The evening was also an ideal opportunity to highlight the end of the 2009-2013 fundraising campaign, Osez vous investir!, which was co-chaired by Mr.. Serge Godin, founder and Executive Chairman of the Board of CGI and Mr. Robert E. Brown, Chairman of the Board of AIMIA. "Thanks to the support of many private donors and the Endowment fund created by the Government of Québec and the Fonds de solidarité FTQ, our five-year campaign raised some 15.3 million dollars. This ensures the sustainability of our Foundation whose mission is to accelerate the success of young Montreal entrepreneurs'', said Andrew Molson.
About the Fondation du maire : le Montréal inc. de demain
The Foundation invests in the creation, growth and continued support of promising businesses to contribute to the development of the Montreal Inc. of tomorrow. Since 1996, it has awarded over 5 million dollars in grants to 751 businesses that have, in turn, created over 2220 jobs on the territory of the urban agglomeration of Montreal.
Major Donors to the 2009-2013 Funraising Campaign
Osez vous investir!
Astral, Banque Nationale du Canada, Banque TD, Bell, CAE, CGI, Fondation de la famille Lemaire, Fondation J. Armand Bombardier, Fondation Jeunesse-Vie, Gildan Activewear, Hydro-Québec, Rio Tinto Alcan, Samson Bélair/ Deloitte & Touche, SSQ Groupe financier, Telus, Transcontinental.
Grants Awarded to the April 26, 2012 Recipients
- Montreal Port Authority Grant awarded to Michael Mire for Get me listed Corp.
- American Iron & Metal Grant awarded to Lav Crnobrnja for Cloud Horizon Technologies
- Astral Grant awarded to Hélène McKoy-Perreault for Les Productions POUZZA
- Bell Grant awarded to Francis Piéraut for QMining inc.
- BMO Financial Group Grant awarded to Guillaume Parent for Finandicap.
- Fujitsu Canada Grant awarded to Pierre Lessard Blais, Rémi Bonneau, Dominic Gingras and Frank Privé for L'espace public - Brasseurs de quartier.
- CGI Grant awarded to Cyril Chaib for Dialekta Inc.
- Chocolats Geneviève Grandbois Grant awarded to Catherine Cafiti for C Traiteur.
- J. Armand Bombardier Foundation Grant awarded to Ariane St-Pierre Cyr for Electric Kidz
- Fonds de solidarité FTQ Grant awarded to Anis Hadj Henni and Cédric Schmidt for Rheolution Inc.
- Gaz Métro Grant awarded to Frédéric Mayer for Ecoscaph
- KPMG Grant awarded to Christian Bordeleau for Intangible Gouvernance
- Odotech inc. Grant awarded to Louis Cléroux for Cravio Games
- RBC Royal Bank Grant awarded to Andrew Kanho for KVA Protection
- Rio Tinto Alcan Grant awarded to David Perlis and Steven Karachinksy for Stack 8
- Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche Grant awarded to Christine Renaud for E-180
- SSQ Financial Group Grant awarded to David Cayer and Julien Niquet for Brasseurs Sans Gluten.
- TELUS Grant awarded to Gary Ravaz for Y2W Group Inc.
To find out more about these companies, go to their website.
For further information:
Fondation du maire : le Montréal inc. de demain