- SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA grows and delivers million-plus
audience to kick-off primetime -
- CRIMINAL MINDS profiles 2.97 million viewers with its biggest audience
- AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL continues to surge up 27% from last week's
- CSI: NY is No. 2 program of the day with 2.64 million viewers -
TORONTO, Sept. 24 /CNW/ - 102% bigger than Global. 350% bigger than Citytv(xx). Wednesday night primetime just got real for the competition as the season premieres of CRIMINAL MINDS and CSI: NY joined CTV's already surging AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA for a can't miss monster Wednesday lineup on CTV.
CRIMINAL MINDS opened with its biggest Canadian audience ever(xx) on CTV at 9 p.m. delivering 2.97 million viewers. Additionally, the season premiere of CSI: NY locked up 2.64 million viewers at 10 p.m. to complete a one-two punch for CTV. CRIMINAL MINDS and CSI: NY were the Top 2 programs nationally in total audience and the key 18-49 and 25-54 demos.
Additional CTV Ratings HIGHLIGHTS (September 23, 2009)
* At 7:30 p.m. SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA kicked off primetime
winning its timeslot with 1.09 million viewers.
* A new episode of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL was up 27% from last
week's audience with 1.35 million viewers. In addition, AMERICA'S
NEXT TOP MODEL bested the premiere of BONES among teens and the
* The premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS was its highest audience ever(xx), up
11% from last season's premiere.
* The CRIMINAL MINDS premiere won all key demos nationally against GLEE
by 39% (A18-34), 81% (A18-49) and 109% (A25-54) including the young
male and female demos.
* Crushing its competition in its timeslot, the CSI: NY premiere won
all key demos nationally against MELROSE PLACE by 146% (A18-34),
332% (A18-49) and 455% (A25-54).
To view the complete release, please click here: http://ctvmedia.ca/ctv/releases/release.asp?id=11673&yyyy=2009
For further information: For further information: Jim Quan, CTV Inc., (416) 384-5311 or email@example.com