Canadian Consulting Company Releases Study on how English and French Canadian Moms use the Online World for Brand Discussions
TORONTO, Feb. 4, 2014 /CNW/ - Mom Central Consulting, a community which connects Canadian moms directly to the consumer world online, has released its results from the company's latest study - an in-depth comparison of how English-speaking and French-speaking Canadian mothers use the digital space to review brands and products.
As a leader in connecting brands with Canada's most influential moms online, Mom Central Consulting brings brands directly into the hands of moms across the country. After publishing a report in 2012 entitled "The Canadian Digital Mom', the company wanted to uncover differences between English-speaking and French-speaking mothers and how they use online outlets to review brands and discuss brands with others.
The study uncovered the following differences between the two groups:
- Moms in French-speaking and English-speaking Canada are entrenched in digital but the English-speaking are slightly more engaged in digital, with the Internet surpassing all other types of media. In French-speaking Canada, moms spend time watching TV than online.
- Moms in French-speaking and English-speaking Canada spend time online differently. Moms in French-speaking Canada are more likely than their English-speaking counterparts to post reviews and comments about product experiences.
- Mobile penetration is lower in French-speaking Canada. Moms in English-speaking Canada use their smartphone more for online activity.
- Facebook and YouTube are the two most popular platforms for both groups. When it comes to other platforms, French-speaking moms prefer Google+; moms in English-speaking Canada favour Pinterest and Twitter.
- Moms in English-speaking Canada are widening their social networking scope faster. The vast majority of moms in English-speaking Canada visit 3+ platforms a month; just over half do in French-speaking Canada.
- The same factors impact purchase decisions in both English and French-speaking Canada. Both groups trust their friends and family most when searching for product information.
With almost 90% of Canadian moms using the Internet to browse, and discuss brands, understanding the differences in how English-speaking and French-speaking Canadian moms use these platforms is vital to brands. It helps the consumer world learn how to approach and utilize these mothers' capabilities effectively - from reviewing products constructively to creating active discussions online.
About Mom Central Consulting:
Mom Central Consulting specializes in helping brands connect with Canadian moms. Through their proprietary research, Social Media Listening and ongoing trend reports, they're keeping tabs on moms and helping clients develop strategies to reach this sought-after target, both online and off. The company boasts a network of over 500 Canadian mom bloggers, as well as a panel of 40,000 moms across the country. Mom Central Consulting works closely with many of Canada's leading brands and agencies to help get moms talking about their products.
SOURCE: Mom Central Consulting
For further information:
For media inquiries and more information, please contact:
416 775 1099 ext. 660